EY announced the Top Nominees for the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ (EOY) 2021 Malaysia awards at a virtual event today.
The 13 Top Nominees in the Emerging, Technology, Woman and Master categories were determined by an independent panel of judges guided by a set of judging criteria that is consistently applied globally by the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year (EOY) programme.
The EOY 2021 Malaysia Top Nominees are:
Emerging Entrepreneur category
- Mr Ang Xing Xian (洪幸贤先生), Mr Darrel Ang (洪泽宏先生), Mr Dion Tan (陈永全先生) and Mr Edwin Tan (陈世杰先生) - Bay Group Holdings Sdn Bhd (CapBay)
- Mr Vincent Lua (赖炳燊先生) - Cravito Holding Sdn Bhd
- Mr Aizat Rahim and Ms Lennise Ng (黄芷情女士) - Macro Tech Ventures Sdn Bhd (Dropee)
- Mr Henry Ting (陈挺镇先生) - Clickgaming Distribution Group Sdn Bhd (TTRacing)
Technology Entrepreneur category
- Dato' Foong Wei Kuong (拿督冯伟强)- JF Technology Bhd
- Dr Hanafiah Yussof - Robopreneur Sdn Bhd
- Mr Yew Lip Sin (杨立新先生)- SRKK Group Sdn Bhd
Woman Entrepreneur category
- Ms Ooi Lay Pheng (黄丽萍女士)- Berjayapak Sdn Bhd
- Mrs Norsharina Mohd Shahar - Gaia Plas Bhd
- Ms Charmaine Tan Shwu Fen (陈䘤羚女士)- Siang Pharmacy Sdn Bhd
Master Entrepreneur category
- Datuk Parmjit Singh - Asia Pacific University Sdn Bhd
- Mr Jonathan Kan - ERS Energy Sdn Bhd
- Mr Gan Thiam Chai (颜添财先生)- Kawan Food Bhd
Winners of the four category awards as well as the coveted EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2021 Malaysia award will be announced and celebrated at a virtual awards ceremony in February 2022. The Malaysian EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2021 will then join country award recipients from around the globe in June 2022 to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY) 2022 award.
Philip Rao, Partner, Ernst & Young Consulting Sdn Bhd and Programme Director of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Malaysia awards said, “As we mark the 20th anniversary of the EOY programme in Malaysia, we are gratified and honoured to have had the unique privilege to recognise and celebrate over 300 remarkable men and women across generations, industries and sectors. In the face of adversity, especially in recent months, these entrepreneurs continue to rise up to build a better working world. They are relentless in seeking better solutions to some of our biggest challenges and reinventing a future that transforms our lives. They have demonstrated their perseverance and ingenuity in steering their business and industries forward, while supporting their employees and communities. We are proud to be able to provide a platform to share their success stories and more importantly, their enduring legacy and far-reaching impact on surrounding communities and the country, with the rest of the world.”
“The panel of judges faced a challenging task of determining this year’s Top Nominees. Each and every one of their persons, stories and journeys are inspiring, more so given the unprecedented challenges they had faced in the past months, and now stand as testament to their accomplishments and success,” he added.
The EOY 2021 Malaysia judges
The EOY 2021 Malaysia Top Nominees were selected by an independent panel of judges guided by a set of globally benchmarked criteria.
The EOY 2021 Malaysia panel of judges comprised the following:
- Dato' Hazimah Zainuddin - Founder and Managing Director, Hyrax Oil Sdn Bhd
- Mr Kamarul A Muhamed - Founder and Group CEO, Aerodyne Group
- Tan Sri Datuk Dr Rebecca Sta Maria - Executive Director, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) Secretariat
- Datuk Muhamad Umar Swift - CEO, Bursa Malaysia Bhd
- Ms Low Ngai Yuen - Chief Merchandising Officer, AEON Group | President, Kakiseni | Founder, WOMENgirls
- Mr Goh Miah Kiat - CEO, Karex Bhd
- Mr Raymond Siva - Chief Marketing Officer, Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
The EOY 2021 Malaysia sponsors
The EOY 2021 Malaysia awards programme is also proud to have these organisations on board in support of entrepreneurship:
- BFM Media Sdn Bhd
- Bits and Pixels Sdn Bhd
- Bursa Malaysia
- Credit Suisse
- Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC)
- Nanyang Siang Pau Sdn Bhd
- The Edge Malaysia and The Edge CEO Morning Brief
For more information about the EOY Malaysia programme, please visit www.ey.com/my/eoy
- Ends -
About EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is the world’s most prestigious business awards program for unstoppable entrepreneurs. These visionary leaders deliver innovation, growth and prosperity that transform our world. The program engages entrepreneurs with insights and experiences that foster growth. It connects them with their peers to strengthen entrepreneurship around the world. EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is the first and only truly global awards program of its kind. It celebrates entrepreneurs through regional and national awards programs in more than 145 cities in over 60 countries. Winners go on to compete for the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ title. ey.com/eoy
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by Ernst & Young Consulting Sdn Bhd, a member of the global EY organization.