At EY, we believe we have a duty to act responsibly and in the long-term interests of all stakeholders, guided by our purpose of building a better working world.
EY Polska for Ukraine
Since the outbreak of the war in Ukraine, EY Polska has been actively involved in helping those in need. A Support Team was established to develop and implement complex relief projects. The company will allocate at least PLN 1 million to fund various initiatives launched to support the people affected by the conflict.
Support for EY employees from Ukraine and their families
On the first day of the invasion of Ukraine, a Support Team was set up to develop and implement a number of relief projects. Support was also provided to the employees of EY Ukraine and their families as well as all EY Polska employees of Ukrainian origin and their relatives. EY Polska's assistance includes the organization of transport services, providing accommodation and meals, financial aid and immigration assistance, and psychology services.
With EY Polska’s commitment, more than120
families have already reached safety in our country.
Thanks to the activities of EY Polska, total of over240
people have come to Poland. The relocation process is continuing.
EY Polska also offers support to EY Ukraine employees who would like to continue working from Poland. To facilitate their adaptation to the new environment, a "buddy" has been appointed from the Ukrainian EY Community in Poland and from a given Service Line.
Employee volunteering for Ukraine
A legion of EY Polska’s employees are involved in helping Ukrainians. To make it easier for them to join relief projects, EY Polska offers an extra fully paid day off for volunteering. An internal platform has also been launched for EY volunteers to join continuing projects and submit their own initiatives. EY Polska volunteers also contribute to various projects carried out by non-governmental organizations such as Polish Humanitarian Action, Caritas, the EY Foundation, and engage in grass-roots fundraising and other relief activities.
EY Foundation for children from Ukraine
The EY Foundation support foster families in Poland on a daily basis, and in the current situation is also engaged in helping children from Ukraine.
The EY Foundation and EY Polska look after the inhabitants of a home in Ursus - they are 28 children from family orphanages and their 6 caregivers. Assistance so far has consisted in preparing the facility, together with EY volunteers, to welcome Ukrainian families, buying the necessary household appliances, and handing over the essential items. Foundation plans to buy more equipment and furniture and fund medical care services for children (ophthalmologists, dentists, necessary medicines).
The EY Foundation also supports other locations where more than 600 children from Ukraine currently stay. Support involves handing over various essential items and buying necessary appliances.
The EY Foundation also plans multiple other initiatives to alleviate children from Ukraine, e.g. by funding advice and help provided by experts (psychologists, therapists, physical therapists) fluent in Ukrainian who will work with children from war-hit Ukraine.
EY for Tech To The Rescue
EY Polska has joined Tech To The Rescue, a grassroots initiative of Polish technology companies wishing to help non-profit organizations implement digital solutions to enhance their efficiency in the Ukraine war. The Tech To The Rescue organization works in the dispersed Hackathon format on various projects designed to help both refugees in Poland and non-profit organizations that need support. One of the Tech To The Rescue projects involves launching a database to aggregate the needs and inquiries for specific humanitarian aid from various non-governmental organizations, creating a map to link people in need with persons and companies that can provide assistance, or providing a chatbot in Ukrainian with useful information gathered for refugees from various sources.
EY Polska gets many questions, especially from foreign clients and contractors, about how to help Ukraine, so below we provide a list of selected organizations you can donate money to. These institutions help both Ukrainians in their country and those residing in Poland.
PLN: PL68 1160 2202 0000 0005 1927 0650
EUR: PL65 1160 2202 0000 0005 1927 0995
USD: PL70 1160 2202 0000 0005 1927 0808
GBP: PL68 1160 2202 0000 0005 1948 3274
Name of the financial institution: Bank Millennium S.A.
SWIFT number: BIGBPLPWXXX
Bank transfer title: EY People for Ukraine
The world needs business model innovation that prioritizes social justice, economic inclusion and environmental regeneration. This is where impact enterprises already live. EY people extend their professional services skills and experience to help these enterprises achieve true scale and significance.
The world needs urgent action to address the climate emergency. As a leading provider of climate change and sustainability services, the EY organization extends the value of its knowledge and experience to help accelerate adoption of new models, technologies and behaviors that protect and regenerate the environment.
Awards and accolades
The EY Ripples program and EY teams are earning worldwide recognition from clients and collaborators for the impact they’re making. Recent awards include:
- Winner of “Global Good Company of the Year — Bronze” and “Educational Excellence — Silver” at Global Good Awards in 2023
- Winner of the Microsoft 2023 Global Sustainability Changemaker Partner of the Year Award
- Winner of the 2023 International CSR Excellence Award for Corporate Citizenship
- Finalist for the 2023 SAP Pinnacle Award for Social Impact
- Received a Platinum Catalyst Business Commitment badge in 2023
- Winner of the 2022 SAP Pinnacle Award for Social Impact
- Winner of “Most Impactful Business Partner” in the Life Terra Climate Action Awards 2021–2022
- Winner of the 2022 Microsoft USA Inclusion Changemaker Award (for the EY STEM App)
- Winner of “Technology for Good — Silver” at Global Good Awards in 2022
- Winner of “We Excel in Sustainability” at Chiesi Vendor Day Italy in 2022
- Recognized on the MENTOR National Mentoring Honor Roll in 2022
- Winner of 2022 “Best ESG Strategy” Human Resources Online Employee Experience Awards in Hong Kong
- Winner of 2022 “Champion of Good” from Singapore National Volunteer And Philanthropy Centre
- Received 2022 “Deputy Prime Minister of Economic Affairs” Award from Chosun Media in Korea
- Winner of “Best Social Responsibility Project” in China’s 2021 Employer Branding Creativity Awards
- Recipient of the Junior Achievement USA Gold US President’s Volunteer Service Award for 2021–2022
- Awarded “JA Best Volunteer Program 2021” by Junior Achievement Italy
- Received a 2021 “Social Corporate Contribution Award” from Korea Economic Daily
- Received a 2021 “Social Contribution Award” from Chosun Media