Payroll and HR administration are important functions for every organisation. Due to its sheer sensitivity, it is a service with no room for error. As a result, effective payroll and HR administration requires specialised knowledge and excellent understanding of the applicable laws.
Companies increasingly strive to reduce compliance risks and enhance HR and payroll governance. We strongly believe that rigorous control of your processes ensures their full compliance and a “state of art” performance. We can proudly say that we work for a large portfolio of multinational and local clients and support them solving the variety of payroll, HR administration and employment law issues they face.
Leveraging our extensive experience in this field, EY in Bulgaria can offer you HR review services which present a commonly applied risk management tool aimed to ensure that:
- Your internal processes are compliant with the applicable legislation but also best market practices
- Your team complies with the existing policies
- You have implemented safe and sound internal control processes
When working for you
our team of payroll and labour law services professionals will:
Assess the key steps in your payroll, personnel administration and employment relations processes
Analyse whether your internal processes comply with the applicable legislation, including:
- Review your standard operating procedures related to payroll, personnel administration and employment relations;
- Review the content of your personnel files on a sample basis;
- Analyse your key HR documentation, policies, agreements templates, such as standard employment and civil law agreements, recruitment practices, Internal Labour Rules, Internal Salary Rules, Business trip policy, KPIs and benefits policies, Policies/Documentation on leaves, health and safety at work procedures, documentation retention policy, flexible working arrangements, remote work policies, etc.;
- Review your procedures involving electronic communication with employees, electronic dossiers;
- For selected months review your payroll ledgers and returns and reconcile payroll costs from the payroll ledgers to the monthly trial balance, review overtime and sick leave reporting;
- Perform on-site checks;
- Conduct interviews with key personnel to identify potential breaches of internal rules and applicable regulations.
Assess the design of your internal controls within the payroll, personnel administration and employment relations processes
Advise on best practices to ensure compliance and smooth work
Conduct workshops with your company’s management to present our findings
Support your HR team in the implementation of our recommendations
Ready to improve?
Reach out to EY HReview team in Bulgaria for an offer tailored to your needs
The payroll practice of EY Bulgaria has extensive experience in payroll and HR administration services to a large portfolio of clients from small start-ups to large multinationals, operating in a wide range of industries.
Our employment law professionals can help you streamline your HR related policies in the field of day-to-day people management, recruitment, retention and terminations, drafting and application of all employment related policies to ensure a smooth and healthy lifecycle of each employment agreement. Advising on complex labour and employment law projects across geographies, EY teams help you manage the people-related legal aspects of restructuring, mergers, takeovers and all types of business transformation.