To maximize investor returns at exit, begin with the end in mind. EY has been the global IPO leader for the last 10 years, working with the largest PE funds, globally.
What EY can do for you
The EY exit readiness approach is flexible and tailored. Using an engagement framework tailored to your business objectives, we guide you through potential capital-raising strategies and the organizational changes required to execute and sustain a successful IPO or alternative transaction.
We consider management experience, asset attributes, operational complexity and desired exit timing. By understanding the drivers that support an asset’s value, we help you communicate that story with maximum impact.
Whether your exit is a strategic transaction, PE transaction or an initial public offering, we help you enhance value, avoid surprises and increase credibility. The “exit platform” approach has been honed over 10 years. It considers a series of variables and aligns them in a tailored action plan covering up to 12 to 18 months before the M&A process begins. The concepts are guided by best practices and the team's experience supports superior execution.
- Implementation support of and roadmap for revenue enhancement, margin improvement, cost efficiency and greater tax and capital efficiency
- Supportable value story that is evidenced by data from financial statements, operational data and forecast
- Reduced buy-side diligence time and cost can increase potential buyer pool
Accelerated closing that avoids surprises
- More favourable post-close adjustments
- Tax issues addressed early for shareholders, buyers and sellers
- Identification of potential deal issues up-front
- Transparency promotes a smooth and efficient process
- Detailed, self-service data room that streamlines buyer interaction
- Rigorous preparation for buyers’ diligence performed up-front — data scrubbed, and questions anticipated
- Management able to focus on running the business instead of the sale process
- Independent view of normalized earnings, financial data and forecast
- Management strengths can be highlighted with clear, confident and consistent presentations and buyer interaction
- Reputation enhanced through a well-executed deal
Benefits to you
- The Fund: exit readiness gives more optionality regarding timing, speed to execute and type of exit. Funds also develop a reputation for bringing well-positioned and articulated businesses to market.
- The portfolio company: better able to take the pressure of exit timing while delivering trading targets. Sold at a target valuation that works for all and which is based on facts and tested positioning.
- Individuals: Better prepared for pressure from exit process once it begins, while enhancing their experience and CVs.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.