In this webcast, panelists discuss how firms can assess goodwill and long-lived assets in the time of pandemic.
Companies across industries are assessing impairment considerations on goodwill and other long-lived assets due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic environment. In this webcast, we will examine leading practices that companies are adopting to address challenges in developing forecasts, recovering curves, valuation approaches and reconciliations to market capitalization. In particular, we will cover:
- Triggering events
- Preparation of forecasts and use of various recovery curves
- Use of multiple approaches and scenarios
- Discount rate considerations
- Market cap reconciliation and implied control premiums
- Considerations of other long-lived assets