At EY, we believe that entrepreneurs are the moving force behind today’s economy. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year award is an annual program that identifies and honors entrepreneurs who have made a difference and are an inspiration to others.
To be a nominee, the candidate must be:
- A Filipino citizen
- An owner of a privately-held business that is at least two years old
- Primarily responsible for the company’s recent performance
- Still active in top-level management if he or she is the founder of a publicly-held company
- The nominee must submit:
- A completed nomination form
- The company’s audited financial statements for 2017, 2018, and 2019
- Other supporting documents and essays
Participants will be judged by an independent judging panel comprising past EY Entrepreneur Of The Year winners, business leaders, government leaders and academia. They will be assessed based on a set of six judging criteria.
- Setting high standards and demonstrating a desire to be successful
- Taking risks and overcoming significant obstacles
- Demonstrating perseverance and learning from experience
- Value created for stakeholders
- Strength of financial performance
- Development of human capital
- Strategies for ensuring long term sustainability
- Developing a vision and setting goals for future growth and expansion
- Building an effective team and strategic alliances
- Measuring and benchmarking progress against goals
National and global impact
- Extend and impact on market share
- Extent of expansion into national and /or international markets
- Plans to enable international growth and reach
- Pioneering new approaches or technologies
- Adapting and developing products/services ahead of the market
- Building a culture of innovation and investing in research and development
Personal integrity/Purpose-driven leadership
- Living their values has earned him/her great respect from their key stakeholders (staff, competitors, customers, advisers and the wider community).
- Demonstrated commitment to the organisation’s purpose, and to maintaining the highest ethical and quality standards in business activities and operations
- Has demonstrated significant philanthropic and/or societal contributions.
February - March
Launch of the EOY Philippines program
Nominations and participation are accepted during this period.
May – June
An on-site interview with the nominee will be conducted to gather more information.
The judging panel will convene to select the category winners for the year
The country winner for Philippines will be announced. He/she will go on to represent the Philippines at the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year black-tie reception and award gala in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
For co-nominees, add the details for the additional person.
- Nominee’s details
- Nominee’s date of birth
- Years nominee has been with company
- Years in this position
- Preferred personal and company social media network
- Assistant’s information
- Previously nominated
- Company name
- Headquarters location
- Year company was founded
- Provide DUNS number, if applicable
- Publicly held company, if applicable
- Founder actively involved in top management
- Company website
- Accountant details