At EY, we believe that entrepreneurs are the moving force behind today’s economy. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year award is an annual program that identifies and honors entrepreneurs who have made a difference and are an inspiration to others.
To be a nominee, the candidate must be:
- A Filipino citizen
- An owner of a privately-held business that is at least two years old
- Primarily responsible for the company’s recent performance
- Still active in top-level management if he or she is the founder of a publicly-held company
The nominee must submit:
- A completed nomination form
- The company’s audited financial statements for 2019, 2020 and 2021
- Other supporting documents and essays
Participants will be judged by an independent judging panel comprising past EY Entrepreneur Of The Year winners, business leaders, government leaders and academia. They will be assessed based on a set of four judging criteria.
• Identifies opportunities to innovate and create a better world.
• Takes risks to realize their vision.
• Demonstrates courage, perseverance and resilience to overcome significant obstacles.
• Positively impacts the customers they serve.
• Integrates sustainable Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices in their strategy with robust commitments and execution plans.
• Focuses on diversity and inclusion across multiple dimensions.
• Commits themselves and their organization to an inspiring purpose and vision.
• Drives strategies for a sustainable future business.
• Creates and protects value in the long-term, across a broad group of stakeholders and ecosystems (e.g. consumers, employees, suppliers, government, communities, investors and shareholders).
• Increases market share and expands into new markets.
• Drives positive financial performance.
• Invests in attracting, developing and retaining a diverse mix of talent.
• Builds a culture of innovation that pioneers new approaches or technologies.
Launch of the EOY Philippines program
April – August
Nominations and participation are accepted during this period.
June - August
An on-site interview with the nominee will be conducted to gather more information.
The judging panel will convene to select the finalists and category winners for the year.
The finalists of the year will be announced.
The country winner for Philippines will be announced. He/she will go on to represent the Philippines at the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year black-tie reception and award gala in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
For co-nominees, add the details for the additional person.
- Nominee’s details
- Nominee’s date of birth
- Years nominee has been with company
- Years in this position
- Preferred personal and company social media network
- Assistant’s information
- Previously nominated
- Company name
- Headquarters location
- Year company was founded
- Provide DUNS number, if applicable
- Publicly held company, if applicable
- Founder actively involved in top management
- Company website
- Accountant details