Sustainability in Financial Services
The only world that truly works for everyone is a sustainable one, and we can’t get there without the financial services industry. EY teams are helping drive firms to embrace the responsibilities and opportunities of sustainability.
At EY, we work with financial services organizations across the globe to define their transition to a more sustainable future, make change happen faster, identify and help manage risks and find new opportunities.
EY teams provide end-to-end sustainable finance transformation services to help organizations develop and implement decarbonization strategies that create long-term value; embed sustainability reporting and disclosures that produce transparency, trust and confidence; mitigate and help manage sustainability risks; and use data and technology to make better decisions faster.
Reframe your strategy
Govern and operate your business
Support your transition and build trust
What EY teams can do for you
Sustainability in financial services is no longer a “nice to have”; It’s a key part of today’s drive to combat climate change, achieve the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals and create fairer societies. Meeting this demand is a moral responsibility for the finance industry, but also a business opportunity. But the question facing many financial services firms is: How do we make the most of that opportunity?
With EY-designed regulatory horizon scanning tools, analysis, insightful industry viewpoints and over 1,400 EY advisors across the globe focused on climate change and sustainability, EY sustainable finance teams have the knowledge, experience and technology to help financial services organizations contribute to sustainable and inclusive growth, help manage regulatory impacts, and mitigate climate change by incorporating sustainability factors into every decision.
Support on your sustainability journey
Whether you need support with your sustainability journey, or just with a particular stage, EY teams are here to help you with:
- Financial services organizations are expected to be transparent and accountable in their sustainability reporting and disclosure requirements.
- EY professionals help organizations navigate what is required of them and how to develop and embed sustainability reporting and disclosures into their ambition, strategy and business.
- If financial services organizations are going to achieve their decarbonization commitments, there needs to be faster action across lending, investment and insurance.
- EY professionals help organizations develop decarbonization strategies that create long-term value, support emission reductions, drive innovation and accelerate a low-carbon-future transition.
- Data and technology are fundamental for sustainability transformation and with the right frameworks in place, financial services organizations are better positioned to achieve their goals.
- EY professionals help assess and address key sustainability data challenges and help integrate sustainability data and technology into an organization’s infrastructure.
- The expectations of regulators and other stakeholders are only increasing for sustainability in financial services.
- EY professionals help organizations assess and improve their sustainability risk management practices and strategies, enabling more transparent disclosures, a focus on responding to climate changes and mitigating developing sustainability-related risks.