Supply chain reinvention
Supply Chain Reinvention helps clients effect a fundamental change in their performance to support sales growth, become more cost-competitive, minimize risk and improve operational resilience.
What EY can do for you
The Supply Chain Reinvention framework can help your organization effect a fundamental change in its performance to support sales growth, become more cost-competitive, minimize risk and improve operational resilience. This is achieved by deploying a set of strategic and operational assets that combine operational and industry consulting capabilities to help deliver business benefits and superior financial results.
We have reinvented the supply chain with agile, profitable, technology-enabled structures we call demand response networks (DRNs). DRNs alter the product-centric, sequential plan-buy-make-sell-deliver-return view of supply chains to a demand-centric, networked, create-sense-shape-respond one that uses complex supply chain analytics solutions to drive significant improvements.
With the increased pressures on operating margins in developed markets and the need to drive growth in emerging markets, consumer products companies are looking for the next evolution of their supply chain operating model.
The EY Integrated Supply Chain Operating Model framework offers the following to help companies transform their operating models:
- Integrated operating model structure
- Integrated governance and performance management
- Geographic assessment
- Integrated supply chain network
- Integrated supply chain x-functional processes
- Integrated systems and data
- Integrated supply chain finance structure
Network and flow optimization aims to create an integrated supply chain with end-to-end optimization and accountability while supporting success in local markets. The solution provides tools and methodologies to strengthen the configuration of global manufacturing and logistics networks as well as analytic capability to improve trade flows.
Integrated Operational Excellence
Integrated Operational Excellence helps organizations develop end-to-end operational improvement through:
- Supply chain segmentation and synchronization – A methodology, supported by our proprietary VC Sync™ tool, that looks across the supply chain to define a fully integrated and segmented strategy.
- Initiative reliability and complexity reduction – Initiative reliability provides an integrated, cross-functional approach for increasing the speed and reducing the failure rate of innovation initiatives. Complexity reduction improves product portfolio/SKUs by linking commercial and supply chain views.
- Commercial excellence – A procurement transformation encompassing the operating model, analytics, alliances, risk management, procure-to-pay and automation.
- Run to Target manufacturing – A distinctive approach combining Reliability Engineering with Lean, TPM and Six Sigma.
- Route to Market optimization – More effective cost-to-serve analytics and advanced channel/service segmentation.
Supply Chain Resilience
Supply Chain Resilience helps organizations assess their risk exposure across Tier 1 and 2 suppliers while helping them develop their predictive analytics capability and an integrated risk management approach. It also helps companies manage increasing pressure to demonstrate environmental responsibility while balancing the needs of the business.
- Supply chain risk and resilience – This is a cross-functional approach to total supplier reliability capability. We use analytics to provide ongoing broad risk assessment and management.
- Supply chain sustainability – It is an integrated strategy leveraging all areas of value, including operations, tax, renewables, suppliers and customers, which is underpinned by robust analytics and systems that can track across the supply chain.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.