Marketing and growth leaders’ agenda
The new mandate for data-driven marketing and growth leaders: frictionless, personalized experiences to anticipate and deliver what customers need.
Adapting to cautious customers
In this webcast, panelists from our Customer & Growth teams outline steps that brands can take to better serve customers in a post-pandemic world.
The global pandemic has given companies a new mandate around the customer journey and rapid acceleration of digital transformation. You need the right growth strategy and the right customer experience now, next and beyond. Here are three priorities:
Reimagine growth with a customer-centric lens
Reimagine and redesign your growth strategy by establishing a future-back vision around customer-centric growth, enabling your business to optimize customer lifetime value focus and invest in the most valuable customers and customer touchpoints including considerations on organic growth, M&A, geographic expansion and segmentation.
How a future-back lens helps you see a clearer path to success
A future-back strategy may hold the answer to the duality dilemma ― optimize today’s success or plan for tomorrow’s disruption?
27 Jun 2019
Eight ways to keep up with your customers during and after COVID-19
Consumer spending and behavior is changing dramatically in the face of the pandemic. If you don’t plan for the future today, you may find tomorrow’s too late.
6 May 2020
Three ways companies can be more customer-obsessed using tech
Brands need a loyal consumer base more than ever. So how can they become more obsessed with their customers?
18 Nov 2020
Anticipate relevance and innovate products & services
Empowered to shop wherever and however they want, customer preferences around the world are increasingly evolving e.g. toward products and services that are local, authentic, transparent, traceable, and ethical. This is forcing brands to continuously re-imagine and optimize their offering strategy and portfolio, and even develop and implement new business models and concepts, both in the current core functions or in peripheral functions to meet the evolving needs of consumers now, next and beyond.
Where does innovation at scale meet the new S-curve of growth?
A future-back approach to strategic planning will help innovative companies be at the fore of reshaping industry and customer expectations.
26 Aug 2020
How to turn global challenges into innovation-led opportunities
Sixty percent of CEOs of companies with more than $20b in revenues see more long-term growth opportunity than risk in tackling global challenges.
19 Nov 2019
Personalize customer experiences and remove friction in a data-driven world
Building a strong understanding of customer needs, behavior, emotions and satisfaction and being able to quickly translate these insights through effective use of data and technology into business actions on all levels of operations and realize smart customer journeys that increase acquisition, retention, and growth is an important value driver in this time of disruption. This includes:
- Implementing customer experience (CX) measurement models and understanding customer engagement with novel methods that complement traditional ones such as net promoter scores (NPS) and customer satisfaction scores (CSAT).
- Using “design thinking”, automated orchestration of customer journeys, and personalization to deliver the best and most relevant experiences that are closely connected to customer needs.
- Designing and implementing customer-centric operating models and CX technology stacks using scaled, agile frameworks and methods.
- Shifting the business model and customer experience to digital and direct to consumer (eCommerce)
How to accelerate online direct to consumer strategies beyond COVID-19
COVID-19 has boosted the relevance of online D2C channels. Businesses that get it right can enjoy both profitability and growth. Learn more.
15 Jun 2020
Are you agile enough to move with the changing consumer?
COVID-19 has changed customers’ values and behaviors, their experiences and their expectations of brands. How companies respond will determine their success in recovery.
28 May 2020
To realize a customer data-driven strategy that drives value and operational efficiency, growth leaders need to look beyond just braving the headwinds of technological debt to:
Quantify and optimize the economic impact of customer experience investments
Growth and customer leaders need a significantly larger budget to pay for an effective data-driven strategy and customer experience, and they need to make stronger business cases and forecast return on investment (ROI) in a way that is satisfactory for the chief financial officer (CFO). 61% of marketing leaders in a recent EY survey said that they wanted to increase their spending in data and analytics.
- Quantifying the right way to measure ROI
- Focusing on customer lifetime value
- Driving financial performance through smart and effective pricing
- Balancing short- and long-term investments and better leveraging existing investments
Three approaches to a better pricing strategy
A disciplined approach to pricing strategy and innovations in technology can help companies seeking to accelerate their margin growth.
8 Aug 2018
Transform customer-facing functions with commercial excellence
The new market realities and evolving growth strategies are forcing marketing, sales and customer care leaders to re-evaluate how they think about their respective functions and how they need to work to drive top- and bottom-line results. Commercial excellence addresses such key issues as:
- Landing on the most efficient, effective and agile operating model, including inhouse/outsource strategies
- Structuring and incentivizing organizations correctly to drive effectiveness, productivity and cross functional collaboration, and developing the right skills and talent
- Identifying the right ecosystem of technologies to support the front lines, such as market intelligence, performance management, enterprise resource planning (ERP), CPQ, CRM
- Optimizing sales channels across field, inside, and digital sales
- Using customer care to drive revenue through better upsell/cross-sell
How to make your sales team relevant, resilient and revenue generating
In a world changed by COVID-19, it’s essential to understand the art and science of selling with graciousness, trust and noble purpose.
14 Aug 2020
When your customers change how they buy, shouldn’t you change how you sell?
EY’s global research shows tech companies are migrating rapidly to subscription models – but have much to do to increase their readiness.
23 Apr 2020