Photographic portrait of Aaron Lau
As the world becomes more digital, there is an increasing need for finance functions to provide real-time, data-enabled decisions to improve business efficiency and create opportunities for growth.

Aaron Lau

EY Asia-Pacific Financial Applications, Processes & Analytics Leader, Financial Accounting Advisory Services

Accountant at heart, with an innovative mindset to truly embrace creativity. Evangelist for future of finance and assurance. World traveler. Coffee Lover. Father of two boys.

Aaron is the EY Asia-Pacific Financial Applications, Processes & Analytics (FAPA) Leader, overseeing the FAPA service cluster for 23 countries in the area. He has over 15 years of professional working experience serving multinational and domestic companies with financial accounting advisory and audit.

With his diversified international experiences, together with solid accounting and finance background, Aaron is assisting and advising companies on a broad range of finance topics, as well as creating value for companies by providing innovative solutions and embracing the latest technology such as intelligent automation, process mining, advanced data analytics and AI.

Aaron earned a bachelor’s degree in Commerce from the University of Toronto and an MBA from Queen’s University. He is a Fellow Chartered Accountant from ICAEW, a Chartered Professional Accountant from CPA Canada and a Certified Public Accountant from HKICPA.

How Aaron is building a better working world

“I am volunteering my time with universities and professional institutions to help their students and future finance leaders to understand and adapt to the digital disruptions that we are seeing in finance function. I believe the finance function will be changed tremendously in 10 years. As it evolves, from my personal perspective, I think 80% of work will be replaced by technology while the rest of 20% of human work will be focused on analytics and decision making. Therefore, next generation finance professionals need to stay competitive by improving their technological skills as well as communication skills. Their skillsets need to evolve together with technology in order to tackle the challenges and manage the risks of a more complex and demanding business world.”


Contact Aaron