At EY, we believe that entrepreneurs are the moving force behind today’s economy. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year award is an annual program that identifies and honors entrepreneurs who have made a difference and are an inspiration to others.
To qualify for participating in the program as a nominee, the candidate must be:
- A founder/major owner/executive of a private or public Indonesia-based company
- Primarily responsible for the recent business performance of the company
- An active member of top management in the company
Participants will be judged by an independent panel of judges comprising past EY Entrepreneur Of The Year winners, business leaders, government leaders and academia. They will be assessed based on a set of six judging criterias.
- Setting high standards and demonstrating a desire to be successful
- Taking risks and overcoming significant obstacles
- Demonstrating perseverance and learning from experience
- EY Value created for stakeholders
- Strength of financial performance
- Development of human capital
- Strategies for ensuring long term sustainability
- Developing a vision and setting goals for future growth and expansion
- Building an effective team and strategic alliances
- Measuring and benchmarking progress against goals
National and global impact
- Extend and impact on market share
- Extent of expansion into national and/or international markets
- Plans to enable international growth and reach
- Pioneering new approaches or technologies
- Adapting and developing products/services ahead of the market
- Building a culture of innovation and investing in research and development
Personal integrity/Purpose-driven leadership
- Living their values has earned him/her great respect from their key stakeholders (staff, competitors, customers, advisers and the wider community)
- Demonstrated commitment to the organization’s purpose, and to maintaining the highest ethical and quality standards in business activities and operations
- Has demonstrated significant philanthropic and/or societal contributions
March - June
Launch of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Indonesia program.
Nominations are accepted during this period through eoy.ey.com
A shortlist of finalists are announced.
August - September
An on-site interview and visit by EY Partners will be conducted to gather more information. Followed by a professional video production filming as a promotional material of the finalists’ brand and company.
Finalists will be interviewed by and meet the Independent Panel of Judges in person.
The Indonesia country winner and category winners will be announced at the Awards Gala.
June (in the next year)
The Indonesia country winner will go on to represent Indonesia at the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year black-tie reception and awards gala in Monte Carlo, Monaco.
This information is considered confidential. Nominee will sign a non-disclosure agreement document to ensure that these specifics are kept under wraps. Financial information is an important quantifiable indicator of success available to the judging panel; therefore, it is required that the financial data section be completed in full and audited financial statements (the last 2-3 years) are attached as well.
Take this opportunity to “tell the story” behind the nominee’s success through the six judging criteria. Each section is limited to approximately 250