EY at SAP and SAP Fioneer Financial Services Forum 2023
EY was pleased to sponsor the SAP and SAP Fioneer FS Forum Europe 2023. Learn how to innovate, transform and accelerate your digital journey.
EY professionals and our clients discussed the drivers behind their move to an integrated finance and risk data platform at the SAP and SAP Fioneer FS Forum Europe 2023 (Tuesday, 11 July to Thursday, 13 July 2023).
When: Wednesday, 12 July 2023 at 11:50-12:20 (CEST)
- Klaas van de Geest, Director, Financial Services Alliances, EY Advisory Netherlands LLP
- Erwin Bosch, Chief Product Owner for Finance at Rabobank
Rabobank is a Dutch multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in Utrecht, Netherlands. It has undertaken several large transformational programs, including the implementation of one SAP general ledger (S/4) and one product sub-ledger (FPSL), for the whole bank. The migration from many toward one integrated group risk and finance data platform which, based on the highest data granularity, provides reconciled data sets for financial, regulatory and internal reporting. We discussed the drivers for this strategic change and the implications of the move to one finance and risk data platform.
In 2023 Rabobank started working on its environmental, social and governmental reporting requirements. For the Corporate Sustainability Reporting Directive (CSRD) reporting, the existing finance and risk data platform will become an important part of the solution design. The CSRD end-to-end (source data to iXBRL) target architecture can benefit from the existing data platform.
Erwin and Klaas discussed several topics, including:
- Move to “One Bank” and one single CFO organization
- Move to Cloud deployment and technology
- Renewal of legacy systems
- CSRD reporting
When: Thursday, 13 July 2023 at 11:15 - 11:45 (CEST)
- Thomas Schmidt, Partner, SAP Treasury Consulting, Ernst & Young Ernst & Young GmbH Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- Markus Buschk, Head of Section for Customer Care & Financial Core in Corporate IT, Deutsche Börse Group
- Volker Weich, Head of Unit for Treasury and Liquidity Management IT, Deutsche Börse Group
Deutsche Börse Group is an international exchange organisation and innovative market infrastructure provider. In 2021 it began the process of transforming its existing SAP ECC landscape into SAP S/4HANA and successfully went live in January 2023. To achieve a wide range of targeted business benefits and get the best results, the entire program was designed primarily as a greenfield approach. Given the banking entities' requirements for continuous operations during relevant bank working days, Treasury played a crucial role in establishing future functionalities and ensuring ongoing activities throughout the complete go-live phase. As the go-live was planned close to the ECB's T2 conversion, the related transition had to be considered within the overall SAP S/4HANA program. Our speakers discussed:
- Methodology and how a one-team approach was used to meet project targets while ensuring 24/7 operations, with a focus on Treasury operations and related setup.
- New ways of working that were introduced based on the latest SAP reporting and planning capabilities.
- Lessons learned during the project so far.
- Leveraging cloud solutions in combination with the SAP S/4HANA core as the way forward.
When: Thursday, 13 July 2023 at 09:45 – 10:30 (CEST)
In this opening panel, we discovered how SAP and SAP Fioneer are supporting financial institutions in their transformation journey with innovative cloud solutions. Of the topics we discussed, the most prominent priority was finding industry cloud for insurance solutions for regulatory, finance and ESG reporting.
The panelists addressed highlights from the event so far and pointed out some of the not-to-miss sessions coming up on day two.