Claims and Disputes
From helping you mitigate dispute risks in contracts and deals, to presenting commercial and financial matters in legal proceedings, to managing claims to recover losses, EY teams provide robust knowledge from an independent perspective to safeguard value in your business. (The services will be provided unless prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations.)
What EY can do for you
Help Companies to Manage Disputes
The impact of any dispute on a business can be significant, not only in terms of financial costs, but also due to the amount of time that will be required to deal and resolve these issues.
EY teams help companies - and their legal counsel - to prepare calculations, analyses and strategies to resolve complex commercial disputes, supporting them in presenting their position on financial and commercial matters effectively.
Our teams provide robust, unbiased, independent and professional opinions and testimony. We bring together the right forensic competencies, international experience, deep sector insights and advanced technology support, to advise on matters in complex commercial litigation, international arbitration, mediation and other alternative dispute resolution forums.
(The services will be provided unless prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations.)
EY helps you to:
- Help managing disputes relating to breach of contract, insurance claims, intellectual property, professional negligence and regulatory challenges, as well as transaction and shareholder disputes
- Present your case effectively to a court or tribunal
- Determine independently and objectively the quantum of damages suffered by your business
- Obtain additional financial evidence in support of your case
- Mitigate value leakage from corporate deals after closing
Prevent Disputes in contracts and transactions
The negotiation of contracts and transactions can be complex and laden by risks of future disputes over commercial terms. EY’s Sale & Purchase Agreement Advisory specialists advise companies on the financial aspects of contracts and deals that often give rise to such disputes, preventing other parties from manipulating the deal and helping reduce the risk of future problems. EY Forensics teams help you to limit value leakage from corporate deals with pre closing advice on the structure of accounting clauses and purchase price mechanisms.
Help Managing Claims
The EY team assists companies to recover financial losses through the preparation of commercial insurance claims and government grant applications. In the aftermath of fires, explosions, floods, windstorms, thefts, cyber intrusions and any other catastrophic situations, EY teams provide companies with the strategies to both document and restore their recoverable financial losses. This helps you to(The services will be provided unless prohibited by the relevant laws and regulations):
- Quickly understand the scale of losses or damages suffered
- Prepare and submit forensic reports documenting losses to recover as much as possible from financial losses
The team can respond to a claim of any size, anywhere in the world. Regardless of the size of the loss, EY professionals help companies with the following throughout the claims process:
- Focusing on getting cash advances as quickly as possible
- Developing strategic claim recovery plans
- Collecting and managing voluminous data
- Measuring the quantum of the claim
- Developing a good working relationship with the carriers
- Educating internal/external stakeholders on the claims process and the company’s business
- Sharing risk management and claims development leading practices
In the US, the team is also experienced in assisting local governments and not-for-profit organizations to pursue recovery funding through US federal disaster programs (e.g., FEMA, HUD). Utilizing EY Disaster Grant Management, we help organizations throughout the application process, from kickoff to closeout and eventually federal audit if needed.
Our latest thinking
Like what you've seen? Get in touch to learn more.