EY and SAP Alliance
Intelligent Life Sciences
The EY Intelligent Life Sciences offering can help companies transform, providing innovative capabilities, underpinned by SAP® offerings.
Helping life sciences companies meet the challenge of disruption
Market turbulence brought on by COVID-19 has contributed to disruptions across all facets of life sciences organizations, including the pressure to rapidly perform, transform, and respond, all at the same time. Staying competitive while meeting patient demands requires life sciences organizations to find new ways of working.
EY has identified common trends and technology capabilities required in the life sciences industry in order to respond to disruption. The EY Intelligent Life Sciences offering and industry knowledge can support your company to address these changes on SAP offerings. Here are a few data points from industry resources:
- 47% of consumers believe AI should be used to diagnose disease and manage medicines1
- Currently 50% of drug channel companies listed on the S&P 500 in 2008 are still listed today2
- Almost $14k average spent per individual annually on healthcare in the US from 2015-20203
The EY value-led approach
Our value-led approach is specifically designed for the life sciences industry and tailored to the client’s business needs, ambitions, with focus on:
Defining a clear road map
This paves the path forward for each organization, whether they are embarking upon complete transformation, upgrading a previous rollout or somewhere in between. The EY approach has the ability to track business benefits from kick-off to go-live and builds enterprise-wide buy-in for change.
Our Intelligent Transformation Platform (ITP), which includes a complete suite of tools that drive a value-focused services, using automation to streamline and fast track system build, testing and data migration helps in accelerating the delivery.
Jump-starting your implementation with the EY Intelligent Life Sciences
Our offering, based on SAP best practices, features all key processes across finance, manufacturing, quality and supply chain. It also includes industry-specific EY differentiators for cell and gene therapy.
Putting people at the center
With this approach, we are engaging the business throughout the project to achieve successful, sustainable change.
Bringing the whole of the EY organization
We are taking a whole-of-business approach — from tax, supply chain, climate change and sustainability — to unlock greater business benefits from the transformation. The typical goal is to harmonize and simplify processes and systems in order to help maximize business benefits and lowered total cost of ownership (TCO) with minimal business disruption.
The EY SAP Intelligent Life Sciences offering
To help clients use the technologies across the industry value chain while preparing their businesses for the future, EY teams have developed a detailed pre-built, life sciences-specific SAP offering augmented with EY differentiators called EY SAP Intelligent Life Sciences. Based on the latest version of SAP S/4HANA®, this offering covers key processes in an offering leveraging SAP leading practices and latest products, such as SAP Commerce Cloud, SAP Integrated Business Planning® (IBP), SAP Ariba®, SAP Advanced Track and Trace for Pharmaceuticals® (ATTP) and SAP Government, Risk and Compliance® (GRC).
The EY Intelligent Life Sciences offering is based on the EY Life Sciences Process Architecture (LiSPA). It reflects market demands and their impacts on sourcing and procurement decisions and operations with a focus on quality. It also contains processes mapped to SAP transactions or SAP Fiori® apps, key performance indicators, and controls and integrated via ARIS with SAP Offering Manager®.
Our pre-built SAP offering for life sciences is complemented by an extensive suite of industry and tax innovations to help deliver extra value to the business.
- Quality Analytics and Decision Support (QUADS) — Helps enable predictive modeling, process orchestration, global quality and operations scorecard, point-in-time reporting, batch orchestration, and regulatory health reporting
- UDI Monitor — Allows enhanced monitoring, tracking, management, and print capabilities for UDI labels that helps manufactures track and monitor the parameters of a medical device across its lifecycle
- Recall Management — Captures automated returns processing with the ability to send recall communications; it also enables Tracking Recall Statuses and Label Tracking
- Electronic Batch Records (EBR) and Compliance — Captures EBR with Digital Signatures, EBR for PI Sheets and EBR with UDI.
Benefits of EY Intelligent Life Sciences
- Alignment between business and IT around the case for change and value-led SAP S/4HANA road map based on a thorough process and system diagnostic
- Value-focused service approach aiming to help maximize the adherence to SAP standard, allowing to reuse selected components of the legacy systems (e.g., forms/interfaces) and to only redesign the processes that require it
- Accelerated and experience-led design using the EY SAP Intelligent Life Sciences offering to achieve an outcome that works for the users and the business
- Utilization of automation to de-risk and accelerate the move to SAP S/4HANA with EY Intelligent Transformation Platform (ITP)
- Provision of additional business value from EY offering enhancements and innovation supported by our wide range of capabilities including ESG, tax and supply chain
- Focus on user experience, targeted training and benefits management throughout the transformation to help optimize user proficiency in the offering and increase resulting business benefits
- EY Life Sciences Consumer Analysis — Today’s health consumer
- EY Analysis — 2018 TGA Data
- EY Analysis covering MCK, CVS, RAD, WBA, CAH and ABC
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.