Tax Litigation Services
In recent years, tax litigation cases are continuously increasing in number and complexity. Tax disputes are costly, afflicted with uncertainty and absorb important resources. Our EY Tax Litigation Services help you to resolve your disputes effectively and to protect your rights.
What EY can do for you
At EY, we represent clients in tax matters1 before all courts and administrative authorities in Switzerland. Our Swiss-qualified lawyers seamlessly support you from the announcement of a tax audit until an agreement with the tax authorities is found or a court decision has been reached.
- Pre-litigation support: Tax litigation does not start with the legal proceedings. We ensure that positions taken in the discussions with tax authorities and any related correspondence is not disadvantageous for you in a potential tax litigation.
- Tax litigation: To deliver the best outcome for our clients, EY Tax Litigation Services brings together our experienced tax lawyers with our relevant subject matter experts. Our teams are tailored to your specific needs and the peculiarities of your case. This combination allows us to handle all types of tax disputes efficiently, from routine matters to large and complex multinational tax litigation.
- Assistance for tax-related questions in legal disputes: Tax-related questions often arise as part of legal disputes, for example following an acquisition of a company. Our Tax Litigation Service experts provide argumentation lines as well as (second) opinions for court and arbitration proceedings, relying on our extensive M&A tax and transaction agreement knowledge.
Our pool of tax lawyers and subject matter experts cover a variety of taxes and areas, including:
- Corporate taxation
- Real estate taxation
- Indirect tax (VAT, customs, excise duties, etc.)
- Social security contributions
- Assistance for tax-related questions in legal disputes (civil court and arbitration proceedings)
- Administrative assistance
1. Where permitted
Interested in the changes we have made here,
contact us to find out more.