EY Japan French Business Desk
Alongside the 25 other multidisciplinary centers of the French Business Network around the world, EY Japan French Business Desk has been primarily assisting its French clients with their challenges in the transforming Japanese economy since 2003
What EY can do for you
EY French Business Network (FBN) is a network of 26 multidisciplinary desks around the globe with more than 100 French EY professionals settled abroad, in addition to local partners.
Since 2003, EY’s FBN has been serving the French and European groups who are interested in developing business through subsidiaries in different continents by providing them the best possible access EY’s global network resources:
- Support the overseas operations in response to fast-paced changes in the business world
- Help executives to succeed in foreign market, by driving their growth and creating their long-term value
- Provide not only with EY’s vast range of expertise but also with the benefits of EY global cross-border experience, unimpeded by geographical, linguistic or cultural differences.
The French business community in Japan is one of the largest from Europe in Japan and its successes confirm how the transforming Japanese economy is opened to the “French touch”, and that success is possible for those who manage to understand the local market.
In such context, EY has a leading position among audit firms, committed to delivering services that are:
- tailored to the clients’ needs with our expertise as a team of specialists in assurance, tax, strategic advisory and M&A transaction worldwide
- comprehensive with the latest and most accurate insights from French and local multilingual professionals working in EY Japan and EY France
- designed in local format or international assignments by mobilizing the best EY resources from the French Business Network
Along with the EY Japan Business Services in Paris, we are present at all times to assist Japanese companies in seizing opportunities in the French market, making us the main bridge of communication between both countries.
Example of our actions and services:
- Statutory audits and Group reporting audits of French subsidiaries under IFRS and JGAAP
- Tax and financial seminars for French delegations on Japanese regulations
- Internal audit and risk management advisory
- Costs efficiency improvement and operational performance advisory
- Accounting advisory
- HR support: expatriation services from visa preparation to personal and company tax filling
- Publications covering tax technical matters and worldwide market trends
- Organization of various specific events and training such as Transfer pricing, Human Capital or Custom duties
- Development support to French and European companies interested in investing or operating business in Japan through tax, advisory and transaction advisory services.
- Assist Japanese companies with their businesses in France by connecting them to the Japanese Desk in Paris
- Assist French and Japanese companies in M&A advisory and Transaction support by corresponding EY Japan and EY France
Please refer to related topics for further details on each service lines.
Industry experience and Knowledge:
- Automotive & Transportation
- Consumer products & Retail
- Financial services, banking and capital markets
- Government and Public sector
- Life Sciences
- Oil & Gas
- Mining & Chemicals
- Power & Utilities
- Real Estate
- Telecommunications, Media and Entertainment
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.