Apply for student programmes
Could the skills you learn here unlock doors anywhere? Discover how you can build your career at EY.
Join the conversation
Our supportive and inclusive culture enables students to make an impact before they even join us. We’ll help you develop the things you’re naturally good at and learn new skills for your career, too. Learn more about our student programs here or scroll down to find out where you fit and apply now.
When the application period is open, click on the city links that are underlined to apply, and attach your CV, transcript and photo ID to your application.
Applications for our student programmes will open on 2 August 2021.
If you're an international student keen to join us as an intern, a graduate or attend the Career Compass Programme, you'll need to meet the following criteria.
- You currently reside in New Zealand.
- You're currently enrolled in a degree at a New Zealand university. Prior to joining EY full time and at the time of submitting your permanent residency application, you must have completed two years of your full time degree at that campus.
Frequently Asked Questions
Have you got questions about applying to and working at EY? You’re likely to find answers and more information here.
What we look for
Technology continues to change the way we live and work, and because of this constant evolution, the strengths and traits needed to succeed are shifting.
- Strong communicator
- Team player
- Numbers savvy
- Global Mindset
Taking the assessments
All eligible candidates will be invited to complete the Portal Assessment (“Learning for a changing world”).
We recommend for the assessments that you:
- Use a computer or laptop, rather than a mobile or smartphone
- Set aside some quiet time to complete the task
- You may benefit from having a calculator, pen and paper to hand
You’ll also be asked to take a numerical reasoning test. This needs to be completed in one sitting and we recommend using Internet Chrome (avoid using a Mac as this can cause issues). We encourage you to practice as many numerical tests as you can prior to this stage. There are plenty available online.
Once you’ve completed this assessment, you’ll receive personalised feedback on the strengths you displayed in the test – and the ones you can improve on. If you’re successful with the Portal Assessment, you’ll receive an invite to take part in the Job Simulation (‘Learning on the job’)
Using real work-based scenarios, we explore different aspects of your potential role and how your individual strengths will fit here.
There are 15 questions in total for this assessment. They’re a mix of multiple-choice, written and video answers – there’s no time limit, but it must be completed in one sitting. On average, this stage will take around 45 minutes.
This assessment involves videoing three of your answers, so we recommend before starting that you:
- Have the latest version of Chrome on your computer or laptop, or the latest version of Adobe Flash
- Check that your computer’s webcam and microphone (internal or external) are working – you’ll also have the opportunity to do this in the assessment itself
- Use broadband or high-speed internet to ensure the video quality is good
- Check the lighting in the room and try to keep the background in your video as plain as possible
Once you’ve completed this stage, we’ll share personalised feedback that identifies your key strengths for the world of work, how you can develop them further, and tips and ideas for the strengths you can improve on. We believe this will be helpful for you, no matter where you choose to work.
If you’re successful here, you’ll progress to our Recruitment Day, where we get to meet each other.
EY is committed to removing barriers and improving the employment prospects of people with disability. We encourage you to share with us any adjustments you may require to equitably participate in the recruitment process. You will be provided with the opportunity to advise us of any adjustments at each stage of the process or for further discussion please contact us via email@example.com or + 64 9 300 7044 (option 4). Any information you provide will be treated confidentially.