ESG Reporting and Technology
Organizations have reached tipping point when it comes to accountability on environmental, social and governance (ESG) topics. No longer just “nice to have”, ESG has become a business-critical issue. Alongside evolving investor, employee and customer expectations, businesses face growing pressure from policymakers to not only embrace sustainable business practices but communicate transparently and consistently on their impact, commitments and progress.
What EY can do for you
There’s a lot to consider in building a leading class environmental reporting solution: information and data, people and organization, simplified processes, technology and governance. It’s also tempting to think that a solution alone will solve all problems. In fact, real change is the result of strong ownership and governance, robust data reporting processes, and good documentation. Put simply: you have to build the foundations of a successful technology solution.
Together, we can turn stakeholder pressure into an opportunity to enhance trust.
EY teams can help you address and simplify the following areas:
- Screening of relevant reporting standards (mandatory and voluntary)
- Identifying relevant metric against benchmarking results, regulatory requirements, materiality assessment outcome, sector best practices and investor ratings
- Documenting end-to-end process, linking reporting risks, controls, governance and IT systems
- Identifying and assessing reporting risks of misreporting
- Defining set of controls addressing identified risks
- Collecting data and setting-up reporting processes (incl. IT system)
- Providing non-financial reporting assurance
- Developing enhanced financial and nonfinancial annual reports and other communications, including internal and external reporting strategies
Our latest thinking
Interested in the changes we have made here,
contact us to find out more.