The EY Ireland Societal Impact Report is the second of its kind for EY Ireland, and measures how we generate societal value for our people, our clients and our wider communities and environment.
Creating long-term value for our stakeholders is central to our vision, Building a better working world, but what does this mean? For EY, it means investing in our people, creating initiatives to support inclusive employment, developing solutions that help clients deliver better outcomes and giving back to the communities in which we live and work. Measuring and reporting on progress beyond financial targets is an important way for us to hold ourselves accountable to these commitments.
Our second societal impact report highlights how EY Ireland has continued to work to create long-term value for our people, our clients, suppliers and communities during FY23, and highlights the progress we have made under our three key pillars: Society, Prosperity and Planet.
As we grow, we are committed to ensuring that we continue to deliver more than just financial value for our stakeholders. We hope this report will help our stakeholders to have an even deeper understanding of our work at EY.
- Carbon negative since 2021 and on track to reach net zero carbon target by 2025
- €5.5 million invested in learning and development opportunities, including our award-winning Graduate Training and Development programme
- Refugee Access Programme named Best Corporate Social Responsibility Initiative at the Irish Accountancy Awards
- 89 nationalities now working in our firm in Ireland enriching our culture
- Contributed €655m GDP to the all-island economy and supported 7,325 jobs in FY23
- Women make up 45% of new partner intake of EY in July 2023 and 30% of overall equity partners
- In FY23, over €408,000 collectively contributed to charitable causes
- 26th anniversary of the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ awards programme. Sustainability Award included in the programme this year.
- New strategic collaboration with ADAPT, Science Foundation Ireland’s world-leading Research Centre for AI-Driven Digital Content Technology
- 300+ AI experts working across our offices providing specialist training and accreditation. In FY24 three new Badges were launched in AI Engineering, Applied AI and Responsible AI
- Promoting the responsible use of AI we have completed over 25 EY wavespace™ sessions with public and private sector clients helping define the opportunities and risks that AI offers
Our value pillars:
Is society today our biggest stakeholder?
Our Society contribution is investing in our people, advancing diversity, equity and inclusiveness (DE&I) and driving sustainable change for greater social equity.
How can you make today count and still be accountable for tomorrow?
Our Prosperity contribution is driving economic prosperity through employment, helping our clients to solve their problems, supporting productivity, initiating economic activity, and investing in entrepreneurs and innovation to unlock economic opportunities.
Download the Societal Impact Report
Developing our in-house AI capabilities
Building a better working world includes helping our clients make the most of new opportunities for growth. Discover how we are helping our clients transform their businesses through confident and responsible adoption of AI.