Smart Health Solutions
Accustomed to self‑directed experiences in other areas of their digital lives, consumers and clinicians expect something more from health care. Smart health transforms how care is organized, optimizing the health experience – a key differentiator in long‑term value for the health industry.
What EY can do for you
In health care, there are many ecosystems, quickly evolving technologies and massive amounts of data, all untidy and uncoordinated. EY teams have a strategic vision on how to use those tools, ecosystems, structures, and data to drive a better experience for providers and consumers. We believe digital should be woven into every aspect of an enterprise and collaborate with EY clients to stop “doing” digital and start “being” digital.
To bring the smart health vision to life, EY teams convene and connect the entire health care ecosystem. We explore where opportunities for collaboration exist and use our experience in technology, strategic planning, organizational design, and process transformation to drive better outcomes for all.
We’ve built an EY Smart Health Collaborative to bring health systems together that have made a commitment to share leading practices, discuss challenges, and talk to peers about different things they may encounter along the journey to becoming a smart health organization.
Embarking on a smart health journey requires thoughtful consideration of known challenges and the rapidly evolving technology landscape, as well as strong change management. The EY Smart Health Collaborative can help guide health care organizations from wherever they are in their journey through issues like legislation, funding, cybersecurity and data privacy to support that these factors do not become roadblocks in their smart health transformations.
Smart Health Experience
Smart health starts by getting the consumer experience right through human-centered design, which is, quite simply, designing for people. By focusing upon what matters most to the health care consumer and to the workforce, EY works with organizations to create a more personalized technology-enabled health and well-being experience and a modernized work environment.
In a smart health system, automation and digitization are re-shaping how the entire system works together for a better care experience. We use an experience-led approach and work with hospitals and health systems to introduce digitally -enabled front-, middle- and back-office operations that support the end-to-end consumer and clinician experience.
The EY Smart Health Experience suite of solutions includes:
- Persona definition
- Patient, provider, employee, and broker journey mapping and service design
- Ecosystem definition
- Customer behavioral insights
- Customer-led strategy, capability and roadmap creation
- Business case definition
- Digital employee and caregiver onboarding
- Definition of wireframes and prototypes
- Product development, launch and scale
- Operating model definition
- Experience-led digital enterprise transformation
EY Smart Health Analytics
Quickly evolving technologies are generating a massive amount of data that can be used to drive innovation. However, like many industries, data is not being used to its full potential in health care. As a result, the current approach to health care is complicated, expensive, inefficient and focuses more on activities than outcomes.
Technology and data fusion can lead the way to a more holistic and personalized care approach.
The EY Smart Health Analytics solution taps into the transformative value of a vast constellation of consumer, clinical, operational and market data. Smart, meaningful analysis provides actionable insights that can result in:
- More preventative, predictive and precise care
- Better care adherence through individualized treatment plans which consider social determinant risk factors
- Improved health outcomes
- More informed understanding of patient population risks to support precise and balanced value-based contract negotiations
By aggregating patient, clinical and non-clinical data with digital patient twin technology for a 360-degree view of an individual and a population, heath care systems can bring actionable insights to clinicians, inform personalized patient care, and drive strategic initiatives with shared goals and commitment to equity.
EY Smart Hospital and health transformation
Smart health connects people, the environment, and systems to form a virtual connected care environment. This delivers effective, proactive, and better care that is centered around the patient in the hospital, community or at home. EY Smart Hospital work leverages the wider ecosystem to create a virtual care platform, integrating data through interoperable patient record systems and digital enablers such as IoT, 5G, AI, and remote monitoring solutions.
The work of EY teams extends across the health system: from implementing virtual care, to helping to optimize existing facilities and services, through to a complete transformation, including the planning, architectural and information systems design of new-build facilities. Transformation is built upon digital assets and analytics, helping to optimize performance and leading practices in modernization to realize efficiencies and drive a differentiated experience.
The EY Smart Hospital suite of solutions includes:
- Virtual care masterplan
- Smart hospital transformation
- Smart health analytics, including macro supply/demand/ROI modeling, operational performance, and customer insights
- Intelligent automation
- Ecosystem and platform orchestration
EY teams support traditional hospitals and health systems in their transformation to smart health organizations in a value-oriented, controlled and agile way. We help by guiding hospitals, health systems and payers with questions like:
- In which technologies should we invest in the coming years and which solutions are the most suitable for us?
- How do we organize around the consumer and workforce experience at every point of the end-to-end care journey?
- How do we judge who is the right technology partner to help us move ahead with our smart journey?
- What strategic impact does a transformation to a smart hospital have?
- How can technology unburden employees and keep them enthusiastic and motivated?
- How do we involve employees and motivate them to embrace new technologies and adjust their way of working?
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.