In today’s dynamic business environment, businesses are taking advantage of changing markets to expand through acquisitions. Transactions are becoming more complex, so investors need access to legal advice that helps them manage deals effectively.
What EY can do for you
Businesses are increasingly focused on the economies of scale that result from acquisitions. This means that they require an efficient and effective post-acquisition and merger process.
Integrating EY lawyers with the professionals from Assurance, Tax, Transactions and Advisory, we are able to handle a range of issues that can arise in a single transaction.
In addition, we complement transactional skills with extensive knowledge, covering a wide range of business areas including anti-trust, employment and benefits, environmental law, intellectual property, and tax.
We help to make deals happen
Accurate evaluation of potential transactions has never been more critical. To help you manage uncertain environments, EY provides detailed legal transaction advice and support, including:
- Carve-outs and separation
- Transaction structuring and negotiation
- Auction process and process documentation
- Buy- and sell-side due diligence
- Debt and equity commitments
- Share and asset purchase agreements
- Investment and shareholders’ agreements
- JV agreements
- Service-level agreements and other intercompany arrangements
- Labor union and works council consultations
- Competition law clearance
- Completion and post-transaction reorganizations
EY provides detailed legal transaction advice and support to help you reach your transaction goals quickly, efficiently and with added value. EY helps convert strategic vision into reality and support deals to run smoothly.
Learn more about EY Transaction tax, law and workforce advisory services.
Whether disposing of a business or acquiring one, multinational businesses face a wealth of challenges during pre- and post-transaction reorganizations.
Their business needs include:
- A clear strategy for corporate, financial, tax and people-related restructuring actions
- Knowledge of the specific legislative requirements and corporate or commercial law issues in each jurisdiction
- An understanding of business and industry dynamics to minimize operational disruption
- Clear communication with the workforce to reduce uncertainty and promote employee retention
- Seamless coordination of work streams in multiple countries
How we can help
EY lawyers work alongside professionals from tax, accounting, financial advisory and human capital to analyze the specific circumstances of your business and provide cohesive guidance, often resulting in substantial savings and increased shareholder value.
- The legal teams that helps manage communications with not only the client but also local counsel, other EY teams and possible third-party advisors
- Clear schedules and deadlines
- Global templates for legal documents, promoting efficiency and consistency
- Assistance that lessens the burden on the in-house staff
- Support for all relevant project management capabilities
EY has more than 2,100 lawyers in over 80 jurisdictions, combining local knowledge with global reach to cover your legal needs.
By leveraging synergies and knowledge of your organization among multiple teams and disciplines, EY can help drive cost-efficiency and reduce friction during the project.
With our broad experience in these matters, we can reduce risk during execution, lessen the impact on your daily business, answer questions promptly and channel the input of all parties. Our services can be flexibly aligned with your needs and in-house resources.
EY helps convert strategic vision into reality and support deals to run smoothly.
M&A transactions must be negotiated well and structured carefully to reduce legal risks, manage tax issues and ensure timely execution.
Each plan has its own potential legal risks and deal-breakers, including:
- Funding incapacity of the purchaser
- Litigation and regulatory risks
- Change-of-control issues such as termination rights under critical contracts, loss of public grants or subsidies, and loss of major suppliers or customers
- Misrepresentations, particularly with accounting and tax
- Key employee retention
Businesses need lawyers who not only have experience handling private M&A transactions in different industries and markets, but also have a team mind-set and can perform well in complex situations.
How we can help
Whether you are a seller, a purchaser, a JV partner or management, our lawyers can guide you through M&A transactions by working alongside professionals from tax, accounting, transaction advisory, finance advisory and people services.
EY lawyers offer detailed advice to address your M&A needs, including:
- Critically assessing any planned investment or divestiture
- Assisting with carve-outs to make your divestiture ready for sale
- Assisting with structuring, negotiating and executing private M&A transactions in a timely manner
- Aiding reorganizations to integrate the acquisition into your business
EY’s lawyers are accustomed to working on both local and international transactions involving many countries — a capability that clients often view as another reason to use our services.
Albania Svetlin Adrianov Algeria Bruno Messerschmitt Argentina Jorge Garnier Armenia Levon Gevorgyan Australia Alex Worner Austria Mario Gall Azerbaijan Arzu Hajiyeva Belgium Peter Suykens Benin Eric N’guessan Bermuda Alison Dyer Brazil Flavio Franco Bulgaria Svetlin Adrianov Burkina Faso Eric N’guessan Cameroon/CAR/Chad Anselme Patipewe Njiakin Canada Sergio Privato Cayman Islands André A. Mon Désir Central America Hernán Pacheco Chile Maria Javiera Contreras Abarca Colombia Ximena Zuluaga Congo Crespin Simedo Pereira Costa Rica Hernán Pacheco Cyprus Antonis Karaolis Czech Republic Ondřej Havranek Democratic Republic of Congo Rama Keto Denmark Susanne Scott Levinsen Dominican Republic Thania Gómez Ecuador Fernanda Checa El Salvador Monica Machuca Estonia Ranno Tingas Finland Sakari Helminen France Jean-Christophe Sabourin Gabon Fatima-Kassory Bangoura Georgia Tato Chantladze Germany Annedore Strey Greece Eirinikos Platis Guatemala Hernán Pacheco Guinea Rouguiata Diallo Honduras Andres Lacayo Rodríguez Hong Kong Rossana Chu Hungary Ivan Sefer Iceland Símon Jónsson India Probal Bhaduri Indonesia Fahrul S. Yusuf Ireland Adam Synnott Italy Matteo Zapelli Ivory Coast Eric N’guessan Japan Junzaburo Kiuchi Kazakhstan Borys Lobovyk Kenya Christopher N Kirathe Latvia Liene Cakare Lithuania Vytautas Birmontas Luxembourg Stephen d’Errico Mali Eric N’guessan Mexico Leonora Olmedo Netherlands Sijmen de Lange New Zealand Cameron Taylor Nicaragua Carlos Ayón Lacayo Niger Eric N’guessan Norway Kjeld Arne Thomassen Panama Hernán Pacheco Peru María Sabogal Poland Zuzanna Zakrzewska Portugal Ricardo Reigada Pereira Romania Radu Diaconu Russia Georgy Kovalenko Serbia Veljko Cosovic Singapore Evelyn Ang Slovakia Tatiana Knošková Slovenia Matej Kovacic Spain Francisco Aldavero Bernalte Sweden Anett Lilliehöök Switzerland Oliver Blum Taiwan Helen Fang Turkey Mehmet Kücükkaya Ukraine Borys Lobovyk United Arab Emirates Franco Grilli United Kingdom Richard Thomas Vietnam Michael Beckman