The Cannabis Centre of Excellence Advisory Board
Greg Engel, Advisory Board Member
Greg is a senior executive with more than 30 years of national and international experience in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, cannabis and consumer packaged goods industries. He has successfully led the creation, development and growth of a number of successful private and public companies over the span of his career. He has also raised approximately US$1b through the public markets and private placements and has extensive M&A experience, especially in areas focused on new technologies, products or platforms. Greg graduated from the University of Guelph with an Honours Bachelor of Science in Microbiology.
- CEO, Organigram (cannabis/biotech)
- CEO, Tilray (cannabis/CPG)
- Director, Clairvoyant Therapeutics (psychedelics)
- Director, Hyasynth Biologicals Inc. (biotech)
- General Manager, Forest Laboratories Canada (pharmaceuticals)
- General Manager, Encysive Canada Inc. (biotech)
- COO, Northern Therapeutics (biotech)
Patrick O’Driscoll, Advisory Board Member
Experienced CEO with deep experience leading effective business growth in the wine and spirits industry. Skilled in strategy development, marketing management, customer insight, manufacturing/operations, M&A and investor relations. Strong business development professional with an ability to build collaborative, trusting, results-driven teams.
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Corby Spirit and Wine Limited
- President and Chief Executive Officer, Malibu-Kahlua International
- Global Commercial Director, Chivas Brothers Ltd.
Andrew Stordeur, Advisory Board Member
Andrew Stordeur is the former president and COO at SNDL Inc. Prior to this, he held various leadership positions at Molson Coors Brewing Company from 2015 to 2018. Andrew has a proven track record of success in sales and customer excellence. Andrew is passionate about developing great people and helping the organization deliver on its ambition.
- President and Chief Operating Officer, SNDL Inc.
- Chief Sales and Customer Excellence Officer, Molson Coors
- Senior Customer Business Manager, Mars
- Territory Sales Manager, Kellogg’s
Paul Furfaro, Advisory Board Member
Paul Furfaro is the former interim president and CEO of the SQDC, being at the forefront of the launch of Québec’s legal cannabis program on October 17, 2018. Prior to his role at the SQDC, Paul spent a dozen years working for a multinational in Canada and the United Kingdom, where he held management positions in digital marketing, business development, price strategy and brand development.
- Interim President and Chief Executive Officer, SQDC
- Vice-President, Operations, SQDC
- Director, Rose Life Sciences
- Business Development Director, British American Tobacco
- Head of Digital and Shopper Marketing, British American Tobacco