Are you an entrepreneur with a forward‑looking view that positively influences both markets and people? If so, welcome to the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program, which is more than just an award. As the world’s largest community of entrepreneurs, it is a genuine movement that we encourage you to join.
Sign up below to benefit from the exclusive opportunities to connect and grow professionally together with other entrepreneurs.
Please follow the steps shown below to become the next EY Entrepreneur Of The Year:
Complete the nomination form
Submit your application via email or postal mail to Claudia Strässler by 7 April 2023:
How to apply for the contest
Entrepreneurs have the chance to win an award if they
- are responsible for their own business,
- play an active role in the company and are largely responsible for the company’s development in the past few years and
- hold significant shares in the company.
- is based in Switzerland and generates a significant proportion of its value here,
- has existed for at least 8 years,
- generated revenue of at least 10 million Swiss francs in the past fiscal year and
- employs at least 40 employees.
- Services & Commerce
- Industry, High-Tech & Life Sciences
- Emerging Entrepreneur*
- Family Business**
* Candidates for the category Emerging Entrepreneur have at least 10 employees and generate a minimum of 1 million Swiss francs in annual revenue. The company has existed for at least 2 years.
** A company only qualifies as a Family Business if at least three generations of family members are or were actively involved in running the business in key leadership roles.
All decisions are based on the same criteria worldwide:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Business development and value creation
- Strategic orientation, innovativeness and sustainability
- National, global and sustainable impact
- Personnel management, values and exemplary function
We stand for fair competition. This is why the same rules apply to all participants in EY Entrepreneur Of The Year:
- Contestants guarantee that the information they provide is complete and truthful. Incorrect information will result in disqualification from the competition.
- Questions not answered or incompletely answered in the nomination sheet, in particular regarding company figures and shareholders, will be scored with zero points and will affect the overall rating.
- By taking part in the competition, you authorize Ernst & Young AG to use your name, company name, logos, company recordings free of charge. The information provided in your documents will be presented to the jury and used for the gala and all supporting channels (brochures, web, media and social media) as well as texts (stage, screen, event platform and hall of fame).
- Only the jury and EY will have access to the information submitted, which will be kept strictly confidential.
- The jury may, at its discretion, determine and allocate categories and obtain further information about contestants.
- An entrepreneur may enter the competition no more than three times.