In this episode, Bridget Walsh, EY Global Private Equity Leader, will be discussing the role of secondaries in the private equity market with Mark Benedetti, Co-Head of Ardian US.
The prediction is that the secondaries market is going to be $200, $300 or even up to $500 billion in some estimates in the next 5 to 10 years. Any big market needs a secondary market to function properly, and private equity is no different. What was once considered a tool for groups who are liquidity constrained, secondaries are now used by groups to actively manage their portfolio.
The secondaries market has evolved in tandem with, and in support of the private equity market. Find out:
- What has driven the growth of secondaries and the potential for significantly more going forward
- How secondaries are being used to actively manage portfolios
- How cyclical the PE industry is and if returns are possible on both sides of the cycle
- Not all NAV is created equal
- Where the top 9 or 10 players in the market will be in the next 3-5 years
For your convenience, full text transcript of this podcast is also available. Read the transcript.
Bridget WalshEY Global Private Equity Industry Market Leader
Mark BenedettiCo-Head of Ardian US
Duration 19m 37s
In this seriesSeries overview
Chief Sustainability Officer and Managing Director, Brightstar Capital Partners
Managing Director, Sustainable Investing, KKR
EY Americas Financial Accounting Advisory Services Transactions Leader; SPAC Co-Leader