PE value creation
Our hands-on value creation leads work at pace to help PE companies and sponsors deliver their investment case by accelerating cash and profit improvements from ideation to results.
What EY can do for you
With high valuations, record levels of dry powder and enhanced competition, PE firms increasingly must be able to identify and deliver operational improvements to achieve targeted returns.
We prioritize our involvement to focus on situations we know best: complex carve-outs, functional transformations and instances of stress/distress. Whatever the situation, we connect learnings from our Transaction Advisory Services when delivering the value case.
We use embedded data and analytics at each stage of the process to accelerate our analysis, to help you set in motion the right strategy, improve operating performance, enable growth, and optimize the exit. Our integrated teams focus to keep management on side without compromising speed or sacrificing the size of the prize.
We help you answer:
- From origination to exit, how much value can be unlocked?
- How do you use analytics to uncover hidden value enhancement opportunities?
- How can you translate diligence insights into viable transformation plans?
- How do you optimize the pace and quantum of delivery while keeping management and sponsors on side?
The core objective of our value creation team is to help increase investment returns. We do this by working closely with sponsors pre-deal to increase confidence in the value enhancement story and by extending our support post-deal to portfolio company management, helping them plan and deliver the opportunity.
We have experience across the value creation lifecycle, typically focusing in the following areas:
We help identify and deliver performance improvement opportunities throughout the investment journey. This includes:
- Value creation diligence – supporting the investment thesis by providing advice on the size, scope and deliverability of value enhancements
- 100-day planning – preparing a clear blueprint for delivering the enhancements post deal
- Delivery support – providing seasoned leadership, pragmatic PMO and deep functional experience to deliver the value case
- Stress / distress assistance – our turnaround teams provide leadership and advice when circumstances change or plans fall materially off track
We have built up our strategic capabilities to help you reignite growth post-acquisition. Our offering reflects both traditional growth accelerators (e.g. growth strategy, pricing management, portfolio optimization, etc.) as well as digital transformation strategies (e.g. digital business models, technology enablement, etc.).
We help transform back-office functions and shared service implementations, typically using digital tools to drive efficiency in:
- Finance, HR, and IT functions (all technology-enabled)
- Shared service center optimization
- Overhead cost reduction
- Digitally enabled back office
We use our knowledge of end-to-end supply chain processes and operating model archetypes to identify and deliver operational efficiencies and cost reduction. Our impact is pronounced in complex, multi-jurisdictional organizations where we seamlessly integrate Tax and Cyber considerations to optimize realizable benefits.
Our market leading cash team provides enhanced transparency to liquidity requirements and self-funds transformational change by releasing cash from the balance sheet. We also offer a full range of services to help you manage cash in times of crisis or when liquidity is tight. Our primary cash services include:
- Working capital management (Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory optimization)
- Cash forecasting/management
- Distress cash services
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.