Microsoft Power Platform
Enable citizen development with one powerful platform that empowers innovation.
What EY can do for you
One of the most important initiatives, amplified by the global pandemic, is the need to tech-enable and digitize companies’ products and service offerings. Citizen development is an increasingly disruptive trend, as it allows a business user, rather than a software developer, to create IT applications that meet business needs.
This enablement comes with a number of benefits, including:
- Less strain on IT departments
- Greater collaboration between business and IT
- Broadens pool of talent
- Cost effective
- Gives way to speed to value
Microsoft’s low-code Power Platform includes four elements that together drive enterprise innovation and unlock value.
These pillars consist of:
This platform is used for developing and deploying custom, business focused applications that connect your data. It allows you to apply rich business logic while transforming your manual process into a digital experience.
How EY can help?
Power Apps can be used for task/workflow management, approval workflows, collecting and validating data from multiple teams, onboarding/new user set-up, employee/customer surveys, and much, much more.
- Quick learning curve for citizen developers through features like drag and drop application designer, templates to speed-up development timeframe and easy to use excel-like functions
- Out-of-the-box identity and security capabilities
- Seamless integration with Microsoft suite of products
- Ever growing library of connectors to third party applications and ability to create custom connectors for third party applications
This platform enables citizen developers to automate tasks and business processes using easy to use actions, data connectors and AI builder. It boosts business productivity by giving teams the resources and ability to automate organizational processes. Power Automate includes two components – Power Automate Flow and Power Automate Desktop. The first allows automations/flows to be designed and executed on the cloud and the later, on a machine.
How EY can help?
EY can assist in identifying the processes for automation, creating the business case, and building robust solutions. Our Intelligent Automation practice has immense experience in enterprise level automation deployments across all sectors. The primary motive is to free up capacity and realize benefits for the business teams.
Power Automate Flow
- Enables automation of cloud-based tasks
- Cloud Flows can be event-triggered, scheduled, or triggered on an on-demand basis by clicking a button on the Power Automate platform or mobile app
- Seamless integration with Microsoft suite of products and most enterprise grade cloud applications
Power Automate Desktop
- Provides Robotic Process Automation / Robotic Desktop Automation capabilities
- Uses target application’s front end (user interface) to automate tasks
- Desktop Flows are triggered by Power Automate Cloud by using the out-of-the-box Desktop Flows connector
- Has advanced in-built capabilities such as OCR, NLP, Computer Vision, Tone analyzer, and Language Translator
This platform, which has inbuilt Natural Language Processing, Conversational AI and Natural Language Understanding capabilities, enables citizen developers to easily create custom digital agents/chatbots to engage conversationally with customers and employees. These easy to develop chatbots help businesses improve engagement, efficiency and productivity. In order to provide transactional services, these chatbots can trigger Power Automate flows and provide the desired outcome to the users. If the chatbot needs assistance, the conversation can be handed off to a human user.
- Has an iterative development lifecycle of a few weeks from inception to production
- Can be deployed anywhere you want to engage customers such as Web, Skype, Facebook, Power Apps, Slack, and Microsoft Teams
- Easily integrated with Microsoft’s Cognitive Services and Bot Framework to provide complex capabilities
- Designers can establish Entities, Intents and sample utterances while developing the solution; the platform then has the capability to “understand” variations of the utterance and provide meaningful responses
- Data analytics engine running on the back end, allowing reporting on key metrics and continuous performance improvement through AI driven dashboards
Power BI allows you to make informed, confident decisions by putting data-driven insights into your hands. It allows you to connect to all of your data and get a consolidated view across your business, create ad-hoc analysis, live dashboards and interactive reports that are easy to consume on the web and across mobile devices.
How EY can help?
- Executive dashboard for assessing business unit performance on key processes
- Business planning and sales performance
- Analyze data and prepare more accurate forecasts
- Run reports to surface data driven insights
- Visualize data for key stakeholders
- Connect to all your data and get a consolidated view across your business through a single view
- Create ad-hoc analysis, live dashboards and interactive reports that are easy to consume on the web and across mobile devices
- Build smart apps by infusing insights from your data and drive action with the power of the Power platform
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.