Careers in Tax
Working across EY Tax, Law, and People Advisory Services, you’ll collaborate with clients to make better decisions through insights into government policy, regulatory obligations and operations.
Join the conversation
In a fast changing tax world, we deliver robust solutions that not only meet our clients’ objectives today or tomorrow but also when they press “fast forward”.
EY EMEIA Financial Services Tax Partner
When applying at EY, you will have to make a choice for what kind of clients you would like to work for: starting your career within Financial Services Organization (FSO) or within what we call “Industries”.
FSO means you will work for Financial institutions such as banking & capital markets, insurance, asset management, pension funds, etc.
When you choose for “Industry clients’ you will work for all kind of sectors except Financial Institutions. So you may work for clients active in Transport, logistics, manufacturing, oil & gas, pharma, retail, service providers, etc.
Bring your depth of knowledge and help businesses scale new heights
We create strategies that help clients to stay on top of their local and global tax obligations whilst enhancing their financial reporting and performing. Build your tax technical knowledge and experience to help our clients manage and meet all their tax obligations. The Tax team here is international and works for diverse, high-profile clients.
- Business Tax Advisory (BTA) advises clients on a broad range of tax planning and advisory matters based on both in-country deep tax technical knowledge and sector insights. BTA facilitates and helps clients build sustainable tax strategies so that their businesses can achieve their full potential;
- Private Client Business Tax Advisory Services assists Private Client Businesses that are privately controlled with in-country domestic corporate income tax, business tax and other local tax advisory matters.
GCR helps companies achieve greater control, efficiency and value across tax and finance by integrating EY Tax and financial competencies, at both a country and global level providing a full range of partnering and outsourcing services, to deliver a seamless record-to-report experience.
Indirect Tax affects the supply chain and the financial system by combining technical knowledge with industry understanding and access to technologically advanced tools and methodologies. We identify risk areas and sustainable planning opportunities for indirect taxes throughout the tax life cycle, helping clients meet their compliance obligations and their business goals around the world.
- VAT: Helping clients address a wide range of issues with respect to their VAT, GST, sales tax and use tax compliance, tax planning, risk assessment and processes;
- Global Trade: Helping clients navigate the complex landscape of doing trade on a global basis, varying from customs & excise matters, free trade agreements, data analytics and supporting systems, to providing the appropriate responses to Brexit challenges and trade wars.
- Indirect Tax Technology & Transformation: Helping clients build an Intelligent Tax Function that embraces innovation and is open to adopting emerging technologies to fuel continuous transformation.
- Global Mobility: Helping clients with global mobility questions linked to inbound and outbound assignees/employees as well as providing advisory services for related topics such as cost-efficient remuneration techniques and employer cost optimization; furthermore, assisting with a variety of compliance matters such as tax returns, payroll simulations, tax audits, tax claims, etc.;
- Employment Consulting: Helping clients nationally and internationally with all staff-related consulting and compliance matters in the field of labor and social security law, social inspections and due diligence in the framework of mergers and acquisitions, international assignment planning in close collaboration with the tax and immigration teams;
- Immigration: Helping clients manage their mobile workforce and comply with related administrative and legal obligations varying from visa and work permit applications, registrations with the commune to social security and labor law declarations;
- Workforce Advisory: Helping clients align talent to their business strategy, adapt to the changing needs of their customers and stakeholders, and execute their plans effectively;
- Reward: Helping clients understand what employees value most about their workplace and using analytics to predict how their workforce, including leaders, employees and contingent workers, will respond to potential changes in the total reward package.
- Transfer Pricing: Helping clients coordinate their fiscal strategy for their supply chain. We prepare high-quality, practical approaches to the client's economic situation and arrive at logical conclusions;
- Transaction Tax: Helping clients with the challenges and actions faced when organizations become involved in mergers, acquisitions, and disposals.
Our Tax & Legal practice for financial services in Belgium deals with a wide range of tax and legal matters. We have a large client base and we offer tax services to a significant number of top financial institutions, both in Belgium and abroad.
- Tax: We have competencies in business tax, international tax, operational tax, indirect tax, and customer tax transparency measures focused on the financial services industry;
- Legal: Supporting our clients with their regulatory & compliance challenges in the domains of Market abuse, AML, MiFID, data protection, sustainable finance, etc.
EY Law is law firm whose strategy is to provide high-quality legal services in multidisciplinary teams on a domestic and cross-border basis.