East West Insurance Company Limited (in Administration) ("the Company" or "EWIC")
On 12 October 2020 Richard Barker and Simon Edel of EY were appointed as Joint Administrators of East West Insurance Company Limited (“the Company” or “EWIC”). The appointment was made by the High Court following an application under the provisions of paragraph 12(1) (b) of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986.
Latest update from the Joint Administrators to all known creditors
Please refer to the latest progress report dated 10 May 2022 that is included below. This report covers the period from 12 October 2021 to 11 April 2022 and should be read in conjunction with the Joint Administrators’ Statement of Proposals dated 3 December 2020 (“the Proposals”), the Joint Administrators’ initial fee estimate and details of expenses dated 3 December 2020, and the Joint Administrators’ first and second progress reports dated 10 May 2021 and 11 November 2021 respectively. All these documents are provided in the “Administration documents” section below.
If you require any further information or assistance, please consult the FAQs provided in the “Administration documents” section below or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Financial Services Compensation Scheme ("FSCS")
The FSCS protects UK policyholders, generally individuals or small businesses, who are eligible to claim under the Policyholder Protection Rules. Based on the Administrators’ current understanding of the Company’s policyholders, it is expected that a significant number will meet the FSCS’ eligibility rules.
Further to an amendment to the Policyholder Protection Rules on 8 October 2020, building guarantee policyholders protected by the FSCS scheme will receive compensation at 100% of EWIC’s liability for claims.
Further details can be found on the FSCS website at fscs.org.uk/what-we-cover/insurance/
All media enquiries are directed to contact Seetle.Dool@uk.ey.com.
- Administration FAQs
- Creditors' proof of debt form
- Joint Administrators' progress report to 11 October 2021
- Joint Administrators' progress report to 11 April 2021
- Joint Administrators' progress report to 11 April 2022
- Notice of approved Joint Administrators' proposals - 23 December 2020
- Invitation to form a creditors' committee - 3 December 2020
- Creditors' notice of claim - 3 December 2020
- Formal notice of deemed consent of Joint Administrators' proposals - 3 December 2020
- Joint Administrators' fee estimate and details of expenses - 3 December 2020
- Joint Administrators' Statement of Proposals - 3 December 2020
- Notification to all policyholders, claimants and creditors that documents will be available on website - 26 November 2020
- Notification of Joint Administrators' appointment - policyholders and claimants
- Notification of Joint Administrators' appointment - employers' liability policyholders
- Notification of Joint Administrators' appointment - housing association policyholders
- Notification of Joint Administrators' appointment - non-insurance creditors