CX Reinsurance Company Limited (In Administration) (“CX Re” or “the Company”)
On 17 August 2020 the Company entered administration and Simon Edel and Richard Barker of Ernst & Young LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators. The appointment was made by an application to the High Court under the provisions of paragraph 12(1) (b) of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986.
In addition, a Chapter 15 Recognition Order (“Chapter 15 Order”) was granted by the US Bankruptcy Court on 8 October 2020 pursuant to which the Joint Administrators are recognised as the foreign representatives authorised to act on behalf of the Company for the duration of the Chapter 15 case.
The Joint Administrators issued formal notice of their appointment to all known policyholders on 19 August 2020, and also issue their 6-monthly progress report to all known creditors via this website. A copy of the reports are available to view below. Should creditors wish to receive hard copies of each report, they should contact the Joint Administrators via email at CXRe@uk.ey.com.
The Administration of the Company does not terminate or cancel a current policyholder’s contract of insurance (unless specifically stated in their policy). Valid claims should continue to be submitted through the normal route.
Should you have any questions or require further information please do not hesitate to contact the Joint Administrators via email at CXRe@uk.ey.com.
- Administration order
- Letter to non-insurance creditors - 18 August 2020
- Letter to all policyholders brokers intermediaries and agents - 19 August 2020
- Letter to creditors with notice of deemed consent and invitation to form a Creditors Committee – 7 October 2020
- Creditors' notice of claim - 7 October 2020
- Creditors’ proof of debt
- Joint Administrators' Statement of Proposals - 7 October 2020
- Joint Administrators' fee estimate and details of expenses - 7 October 2020
- Chapter VX recognition order – 8 October 2020
- Letter to creditors regarding notice of approved Joint Administrators' proposals and creditors' committee - 5 November 2020
- Notice of Approved Joint Administrators’ Proposals - 27 October 2020
- Notice of establishment of Creditors’ Committee - 5 November 2020
- Progress report for the six month period 17 August 2020 to 16 February 2021
- Letter to creditors with notice of Joint Administrators’ Progress report and all future documents to be made available on website – 28 May 2021
- Progress report for the six month period 17 February 2021 to 16 August 2021
- Progress report for the six month period 17 August 2021 to 16 February 2022
- Progress report for the six month period 17 February 2022 to 16 August 2022
- Notice to the Creditors regarding the extension of the Administration period - 9 February 2023
- Extension of Administration period Order
- Progress Report for the six month period 17 August 2022 to 16 February 2023