T.O.M. Group Limited
T.O.M. Vehicle Rental Limited (formerly known as T.O.M. Airdrie Limited)
Caledonian Truck & Van Limited
Alistair Fleming Limited
(All in Administration) (together ‘the Companies’)
On 28 March 2018 the Companies entered Administration and F L Taylor and C P Dempster of Ernst & Young LLP were appointed as Joint Administrators. The appointments were made by the Companies’ Directors under the provisions of paragraph 22(2) of Schedule B1 to the Insolvency Act 1986.
Following the appointments, it was not appropriate to continue to trade the Companies’ businesses and offer them for sale as going concerns due to the nature of the businesses and the ongoing trading losses being incurred. Accordingly, with the exception of the business and certain assets of Alistair Fleming Limited, the Companies ceased to trade on 28 March 2018 and the majority of the employees were made redundant. A small number of employees were retained for a short period to assist the Administrators in undertaking an orderly wind-down of the business and fulfilling their statutory duties.
On 29 March 2018 the Joint Administrators completed a sale of the business and certain assets of Alistair Fleming Limited to Arnold Clark Automobiles Limited. The business operated as a Citroen dealership in Kilmarnock and the sale included plant and equipment, fixtures and fittings and stock assets located at the premises. All 21 employees associated with the business transferred to Arnold Clark as part of the sale.
Further details regarding the conduct of the Administrations are provided in the Joint Administrators’ Statement of Proposals and subsequent progress reports, made available to you below.
Creditors pursuing recovery of sums due by the Companies should refer to the guidance below.
- If you are pursuing the Companies for Road Traffic Act related parking penalties or contraventions, please review one of the letters below:
If the penalty/contravention occurred prior to 28 March 2018: TOM – pre letter
If the penalty/contravention occurred on or after 28 March 2018: TOM – post letter
- Should you wish to intimate a claim against the Companies, for any sums due as at 28 March 2018, please complete the Statement of Claim by Creditor form.
Please return the completed form, together with all relevant documentation in support of the claim, to Catriona Lynch at the address below.
Ernst & Young LLP
5 George Square
- TOM - Joint Administrators' Progress Report to 27 September 2020
- TOM - Joint Administrators' Progress Report to 27 March 2020
- TOM – Progress Report to 27 September 2019
- TOM – Joint Administrators’ progress report 28 September 2018 - 27 March 2019
- TOM – Joint Administrators’ Statement of Proposals
- TOM – Notice of appointment documentation
- Statement of claim for dividend purposes_Caledonian Truck and Van Ltd
- Statement of claim for dividend purposes_TVRL Realisations Ltd
- TOM – Joint Administrators’ Progress Report to 27 September 2018
- CTV - Forms AM19 (Scot) - Notice of extension of period of administration
- TVRL - Forms AM19 (Scot) - Notice of extension of period of administration
- Joint Administrators' Progress Report to 27 March 2021
- Joint Administrators’ Progress Report to 27 September 2021
- TVRL - list of claims accepted and rejected 09 March 2022
- Caledonian Truck & Van Limited_Creditors' claims accepted and rejected in the period to 27 February 22
- Joint Administrators’ Final Progress Report to 27 March 2022
- AM23 (Scot)_Notice of move from Administration to dissolution_Caledonian Truck & Van
- AM23_(Scot)_Notice of move from Administration to dissolution_TVRL Realisations Limited