High Reliability Organizing
Health systems around the globe confront macro challenges to improve patient safety and clinical outcomes, while also addressing cost challenges to increase efficiency so that every patient receives safe, high-quality care, and preventable harm is systemically eliminated.
What EY can do for you
The strategic collaboration between Johns Hopkins Medicine and EY brings together complementary capabilities and solutions (such as High Reliability Organizing) to the issues confronting global health systems. By leveraging our respective collective capabilities, we can jointly build a healthier world by working to end preventable harm, enhance health outcomes and increase the efficiency and effectiveness of health systems.
In an age of digital connectedness and savvy patients, cash-strapped governments, hospitals and other health care facilities need to be able to treat patients at the right time for the right outcome to improve lives and remain financially stable and viable. Health care facilities that take a high-reliability approach to care encourage their staff, management and the patients themselves to actively participate in their health and well-being.
EY seeks to expand its relevance in large-scale healthcare transformations, requiring deep skills not only in back-office operations and data/analytics, but also front-office patient-focused programs and clinical expertise. Our objective is to be the premier provider of health care transformation services and deliver higher-quality, more efficient health care globally.
High Reliability Organizing (HRO) purpose-led transformation (PLT)
- Integrate Armstrong method with EY methodologies – performance objectives focused around patient safety, value, quality, patient experience, access, health equity and leadership and governance
Core work streams for assessment and implementation include:
- Process optimization
- Clinical knowledge sharing
- Data analytics
- Training and coaching
- Design and implement HRO method across locations, functions and/or geographies – inclusive of governance, enabling infrastructure, clinical practices and communities and performance management
HRO insight analytics
- Integrate Armstrong clinical risk evaluation tools with EY’s analytics and white-labeled leading tools on the Synapse platform
- Jump-start HRO analytical insights with starter kit for tailorable measures to identify and monitor potential harm and risk. Core dataset collected to answer questions around access, quality and safety, HR, supply chain, equity, value and patient experience
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.