A strategy to decarbonise your business is now essential. Developing a credible plan to achieve net zero will support upcoming UK regulatory requirements and prepare companies to thrive in a low-carbon economy. EY Carbon will help you plan for net zero, transform your business and build trust with stakeholders.
COP26 reinforced the global commitment to keep global warming within 1.5℃. Whilst the path to achieve it remains uncertain, it is clear that businesses must lead the way towards net zero.
The external pressure for organisations to act is mounting. In November 2021, the UK Government announced that all listed companies and financial institutions will be required to publish plans on how they will transition to net zero from 2023.
Sustainability for businesses now has a clear focus - decarbonisation.
We help business leaders to reach actionable answers to questions, such as:
- What are the opportunities and risks related to the net- zero transition? How can sustainability create and protect value for my organisation?
- How do I create a business strategy which achieves both net zero and my strategic ambitions?
- How do I build a credible net zero plan and business case which achieves buy-in with stakeholders?
- How do I access the financing required for transformation?
- How does my operating model need to change to achieve my net zero strategy?
- How can we transform quickly and effectively?
- How can we build and measure trust as we transform?
We provide the help that you need to execute your plans at any point in your net zero transformation journey, supporting any level of maturity with services, such as:
- Climate risk modelling
- Net zero strategy and planning
- Access to financing
- Renewable energy supply
- Product and process innovation
- Operating model design and implementation
- Change management
- Non-financial reporting and disclosure
What differentiates EY?
We leverage climate insight from our market-leading Climate Change and Sustainability Services practice.
EY Carbon brings together a multidisciplinary team across tax, supply chain, law, technology, finance, people management, and strategy and transactions.
We are doing this ourselves
EY is carbon negative as of 2021 and on track to be net zero by 2025. Our EY Carbon methodology reflects the dynamic processes that we are taking and evolving to achieve these important milestones as a global organisation.
As a part of the EY purpose to build a better working world, we are committed to making business work for sustainability and making sustainability work for business. Our approach to net zero transformation embodies this principle.
I see the net zero revolution as the biggest business opportunity of our time. The stakes couldn’t be higher. There will be big winners, but there will also be those who fail to adapt for a net zero economy.
EY UK&I Managing Partner for Sustainability
Interested in learning how EY Carbon can support you?
Please contact us to find out more.