Corporate finance solutions
Our corporate finance consultants help corporates, private equity, governments, sovereign wealth funds, private and family businesses, and educational institutions with their key financial issues. From portfolio review and capital allocation processes to financial planning analytics and decision support, we have the people, analytics and tools to help you better allocate capital.
What EY can do for your corporate finance strategy
Our corporate finance services can help you to manage your risk/return trade-offs to support you with better decision-making around financing and capital efficiency.
We offer deep insights to help you get answers to:
- How do I know I have the right asset mix?
- How do I know I am funding the right projects?
- How do I predict my future financial performance?
- How can my investment and tax strategy help futureproof my business?
- How do I best fund my capital investment decisions?
- How can I increase investor confidence?
We offer the support you need to achieve your objectives across the following areas:
We can help you address key business issues through rigorous financial, economic and data analytics.
- Review, enhance or build capital & debt allocation processes
- Provide independent analysis to help optimize the portfolio
- Employ data analytics and predictive modelling to solve financial problems, facilitate decision making and achieve better business outcomes
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative complex transaction structures
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative capital structures
- Analyze the accretive or dilutive characteristics of your business units or assets
- Set-up a real estate and/or infrastructure strategy
- Bridge your strategic and operational imperatives by employing our leading-class business modelling capabilities
We can help you improve economic strategy, forecast more accurately and better manage your commercial and capital decisions.
- Economic impact assessment and cost benefit analysis
- Macro-economic analysis and assessment of scenarios
- Econometrics and pricing strategy
- Demand forecasting and price elasticity estimation
- Predictive modelling for customer behaviour
- Margin analysis and unit economics
- Monitoring and reviewing frameworks taking into account lessons learned, and also, where relevant, to reflecting the needs of stakeholders.
We assist in the creation of a toolset for setting up and implementing sustainable performance measurement, target setting and monitoring systems, which includes elements such as price control schemes, risk sharing mechanisms, financial incentives to increase cost-efficiency and service quality, as well as identification and prioritization of investments.
EY teams provide fairness opinions to boards of directors, special committees and other fiduciaries in connection with mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and other material transactions. By analyzing the financial aspects of a transaction, we help our clients fulfill their fiduciary duties and make better decisions.
COVID-19 has upended customer demand and supply chains, as well as historical forecasting methods. Companies often lack the processes and tools to make rapid decisions to address these changes.
For large-scale infrastructure projects and programs, we advise both public and private sector organizations on issues related to:
- Public-private partnerships (PPP)
Our wide range of advisory services includes support from the earliest stages of analysis, from project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. We can assist our clients in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing, project revenues and/or grants — and provide support to our clients in their implementation of those plans.
We work with you to achieve your strategic objectives by devising an investment strategy across:
- Mergers and acquisitions — We can help you assess the strategic fit of a business by evaluating potential synergies, assisting in negotiations and financial models, and in measuring transaction implications.
- Debt capital markets — Our team provides you with tailored capital markets advice that can help you implement innovative capital solutions to support acquisitions, growth, recapitalizations, restructurings and refinancings.
- Equity capital markets — Our team helps both private and public companies prepare for and access the capital markets, with a focus on equity and equity-linked capital raises. We provide an independent perspective to boards and management teams on all elements of deal preparation, the transaction process and execution, and after-market considerations.
We can provide you with an independent opinion as to whether the price to be paid or received in a transaction is fair from a financial point of view. In doing so, EY professionals can help you address the following important questions:
- Will the transaction create or destroy shareholder value?
- What is the value of the target assets or equity interests?
- How does non-cash consideration such as equity, seller notes, earnouts, options and other complex financial instruments affect the transaction value?
- How do risks, synergies and other growth opportunities impact the transaction economics?
- Is the transaction accretive or dilutive?
- How do the transaction structure, tax attributes and contingencies impact deal value?
Our Valuation professionals perform high-quality valuations of companies and individual assets that recognize the need for transparent and robust valuations which satisfy corporate, regulatory and accounting requirements. In this environment, justifying the value of assets and liabilities has grown more complex and critical for most businesses. Our experienced professionals bring excellence in accounting, taxation and financial due diligence, providing integrated solutions that help clients make better quality decisions around value. We help clients advance their strategic, financial and tax agendas through a combination of corporate finance and valuation analyses.
Our Business Modeling professionals provide robust quantitative analysis and insight, while leveraging advanced data science, mathematics and statistical skills, to provide robust, evidenced-based analytics to inform our clients’ strategic and operational decision making around all elements of the capital agenda. Often reporting directly to a company’s most senior executives, we enhance our clients’ understanding of costs, benefits, uncertainties and risks to enable more confident, strategic decisions and judgements around capital allocation. We employ tools and techniques to deliver predictive and prescriptive analytics, including the use of financial modelling solutions.
Building an effective business model, whether it‘s to evaluate a transaction, a new market opportunity or for other strategic purposes, is a complex and difficult task. In addition, clients often place reliance on a business model and require a degree of independent comfort that such business model is free from logical errors. Our Business Modeling professionals also help clients carry out the model review, model support and model-build activities our clients need to make key decisions and improve strategic outcomes.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.