Corporate finance consulting
EY corporate finance consultants combine deep financial and capital markets experience with advanced decision support capabilities and analytics to help the CFO drive sustainable value for all stakeholders.
What EY can do for your corporate finance strategy
Our corporate finance services can help you to manage your risk/return trade-offs to support you with better decision-making around financing and capital efficiency.
We offer deep insights to help you get answers to:
- How do I know I have the right asset mix?
- How do I know I am funding the right projects?
- How do I predict my future financial performance?
- How can my investment and tax strategy help futureproof my business?
- How do I best fund my capital investment decisions?
- How can I increase investor confidence?
We offer the support you need to achieve your objectives across the following areas:
Capital allocation is the assessment, planning, review and prioritization of the use of financial resources across an organization. Making the right capital allocation decisions is essential to maintaining your company’s long-term growth and increasing shareholder returns.
We can help you address key business issues through rigorous financial, economic and data analytics.
- Review, enhance or build capital & debt allocation processes
- Provide independent analysis to help optimize the portfolio
- Employ data analytics and predictive modelling to solve financial problems, facilitate decision making and achieve better business outcomes
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative complex transaction structures
- Analyze the impact on value and risk of alternative capital structures
- Analyze the accretive or dilutive characteristics of your business units or assets
- Set-up a real estate and/or infrastructure strategy
- Bridge your strategic and operational imperatives by employing our leading-class business modelling capabilities
We can help you improve economic strategy, forecast more accurately and better manage your commercial and capital decisions.
- Economic impact assessment and cost benefit analysis
- Macro-economic analysis and assessment of scenarios
- Econometrics and pricing strategy
- Demand forecasting and price elasticity estimation
- Predictive modelling for customer behaviour
- Margin analysis and unit economics
- Monitoring and reviewing frameworks taking into account lessons learned, and also, where relevant, to reflecting the needs of stakeholders.
We assist in the creation of a toolset for setting up and implementing sustainable performance measurement, target setting and monitoring systems, which includes elements such as price control schemes, risk sharing mechanisms, financial incentives to increase cost-efficiency and service quality, as well as identification and prioritization of investments.
EY forecasting and scenario planning services leverage advanced modeling and analytical techniques to predict and evaluate the financial impact of operational and strategic options. Amid increasingly volatile business environments, your company must learn to adapt processes and harness technology to efficiently generate accurate forecasts.
Balance sheet optimization helps you create sustainable value by improving the return on invested capital. This approach integrates several service offerings including working capital optimization, real estate and capital assets optimization, and debt and equity capital markets.
We work with you to achieve your strategic objectives by devising an investment strategy across:
- Mergers and acquisitions — We can help you assess the strategic fit of a business by evaluating potential synergies, assisting in negotiations and financial models, and in measuring transaction implications.
- Debt capital markets — Our team provides you with tailored capital markets advice that can help you implement innovative capital solutions to support acquisitions, growth, recapitalizations, restructurings and refinancings.
- Equity capital markets — Our team helps both private and public companies prepare for and access the capital markets, with a focus on equity and equity-linked capital raises. We provide an independent perspective to boards and management teams on all elements of deal preparation, the transaction process and execution, and after-market considerations.
Board advisory services are provided to boards, special committees and other fiduciaries to help them mitigate risk, discharge fiduciary duties and make informed decisions. The services are regularly obtained by board members, CEOs, CFOs, in-house legal counsel and corporate development teams. Services may include shareholder activism and a fairness opinion.
For large-scale infrastructure projects and programs, EY teams advise both public and private sector organizations on issues related to:
- Public-private partnerships (PPP)
The wide range of EY advisory services includes support from the earliest stages of analysis, from project evaluation to procurement, financial close, construction and operations. EY teams can assist you in devising and comparing financial plans and delivery approaches for projects that involve public, federal or private financing, project revenues and/or grants — and provide support to EY clients in their implementation of those plans.
EY M&A advisory teams across the globe provide a wide range of services through 1,900+ dedicated EY professionals in more than 65 countries to help you meet your strategic objectives.
From mergers and acquisitions to divestitures, debt and equity capital markets to real estate and infrastructure transactions, EY teams advise on real-world strategies to help drive long-term growth.
Strategic planning and transactions are critical moments for companies, and we guide you through valuation, business modeling implications to better understand the impact on your business.
EY economic advisory teams help you improve economic strategy, forecast more accurately and better manage your commercial and capital decisions.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.