Sustainability and ESG strategy services
EY teams can help you create long-term sustainability and ESG value through strategy, M&A, capital allocation, ESG due diligence and portfolio optimization.
What EY sustainability and ESG strategy teams can do for you
There are many factors driving sustainability and wider environmental social governance (ESG) issues to the top of your agenda: government incentives and regulations; investor standards; customer sentiment; and the views of your workforce and broader society. Whether you are a public or private company, government institution, investor or financial stakeholder, we help you to transform your ESG and sustainability strategy to protect and help create new sources of short and long-term value creation.
Your challenges may include decarbonization and energy transition, eMobility, sustainable sourcing, or ensuring human rights in the supply chain. Our support will help you reframe your strategy, through scenario planning, value creation, business model reinvention and portfolio optimization. Our support will also help you accelerate your transition, through M&A, divestments, restructuring, green finance and strategic capital allocation, green infrastructure and decommissioning, economic and climate risk assessment, and advice on the tax implications of ESG. In short, we can help you design and realize your ESG and sustainability ambitions.
Our sector and functional depth of experience and the breadth of our integrated multidisciplinary capabilities across more than 120 countries help you deliver better sustainability strategy. We work with you to manage not only the financial value, but also the people, customer/commercial and societal impact of your ESG journey, while retaining a focus on the creation and protection of long-term value for all your stakeholders.
We understand that every business has highly differentiated ESG challenges. Our multidisciplinary teams can assist you with your unique priorities, operating model and commercial ambition to navigate today’s complex environment, and help you to achieve your business objectives. We focus on real-world practical pathways to building a better future for you, your people and your organization.
We offer the support you need to meet your key challenges:
- What are the ESG and sustainability trends that will impact my business?
- How do I understand all stakeholder needs so that I can deliver on their expectations?
- How do I create an ESG and sustainability strategy and ambition that delivers competitive advantage and creates and protects value for stakeholders?
- What is my journey to net zero?
- How do I protect and create value for the environment?
- How do I finance my corporation for the long-term and effectively manage capital allocation?
- What are the implications for my M&A, including divestments, strategy and execution?
Services and offerings
We are on your ESG and sustainability strategy journey with you.
- Megatrends, regulations, and scenario modeling
- Purpose-led, sustainability and ESG strategies
- Enterprise strategy and business model innovation
- ESG/Sustainability operations strategy
- ESG/Sustainability roadmap and implementation
- Strategic portfolio review
- Transaction strategy, including M&A/divestment strategy
- Strategic portfolio review and optimization
- Transaction strategy, including divestment strategy
- Equity story development
- ESG due diligence
- Valuation and modeling
- Tax structuring services
- Value creation services: improvement of the remaining business
EY sustainability and ESG strategy team
Our latest thinking
Contact our sustainability and ESG consultants to support your business.