EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2022 Atlantic winners are leading the way with purpose
Seven Atlantic businesses that are leading our economic vitality and finding new solutions to the world’s growing challenges have been recognized as EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2022 Atlantic winners.
“This year’s winners are innovating and driving change far beyond the Atlantic region,” says Steve McLaughlin, Entrepreneur Of The Year Atlantic Program Co-Director. “By working towards greater sustainability and inclusivity, these leaders are helping to create better futures for us all.”
The seven Atlantic winners are:
- Louis LeBlanc of AL-Pack Enterprises, one of Atlantic Canada’s largest privately-owned and operated packaging companies.
- Olivia Giffen and Riley Giffen of Coldstream Clear Distillery, a sprits company with a vision to share celebrations and social experiences more broadly.
- Alex MacLean of East Coast Lifestyle, a high-quality apparel company sharing pride in its Atlantic roots.
- Dr. Chris Burns of NOVONIX, a battery materials and technology company shaping the future of electric vehicles and grid energy storage.
- Paul Antle of Pluto Investments Inc., a diverse portfolio of businesses that includes ship repair, environmental technology, medical technology and aquaculture.
- Mitch Hollohan of Site 20/20, a company that’s innovating the construction industry with its smart traffic control technology.
- Brendan Brothers, Jamie King and Raymond Pretty of Verafin, a company using artificial intelligence and machine learning to help institutions stay ahead of regulatory change and financial crime.
“It’s inspiring to see how entrepreneurship is thriving here in the Atlantic region as these leaders challenge existing business models, markets and processes,” says Gina Kinsman, Entrepreneur Of The Year Atlantic Program Co-Director. “This year’s winners have proven they’re unstoppable as they boldly forge new paths and set an example for others to follow.”
The Atlantic winners will move forward to compete against peers from the Pacific, Prairies, Ontario and Québec regions at the national awards celebration in November 2022, where 10 national winners will be named, including Canada’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022. The overall Canadian winner will then go on to compete with national winners from across the globe for the title of EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2023.
Follow @EYCanada, #EOYCanada and #EOYAtlantic on Twitter for the latest program updates. Visit ey.com/ca/eoy for more program details.
The 2022 Atlantic independent judging panel comprises Wadih Fares, President and CEO, WM Fares Group; Shakara Joseph, President and CEO, Junior Achievement (JA) Nova Scotia; Laurie MacKeigan, President, Backman Vidcom; and David Savoie, Chair of the Board, Acadian Construction.
This year's national sponsor is TSX Inc.