Supply chain reinvention
Supply Chain Reinvention helps clients effect a fundamental change in their performance to support sales growth, become more cost-competitive, minimize risk and improve operational resilience.
What EY can do for you
The Supply Chain Reinvention framework can help your organization effect a fundamental change in its performance to support sales growth, become more cost-competitive, minimize risk and improve operational resilience. This is achieved by deploying a set of strategic and operational assets that combine operational and industry consulting capabilities to help deliver business benefits and superior financial results.
We have reinvented the supply chain with agile, profitable, technology-enabled structures we call demand response networks (DRNs). DRNs alter the product-centric, sequential plan-buy-make-sell-deliver-return view of supply chains to a demand-centric, networked, create-sense-shape-respond one that uses complex supply chain analytics solutions to drive significant improvements.
Navigate complex supply chains and build sustainable competitive advantage
EY teams are experienced in supporting your journey towards a more agile, resilient and sustainable supply chain. We understand the specific components of the supply chain and the overall route map including hotspots where innovation is created. From designing net-zero road maps to creating agile logistics networks, EY teams can support you in achieving your goal of building a supply chain that creates competitive advantage.
With the increased pressures on operating margins in developed markets and the need to drive growth in emerging markets, consumer products companies are looking for the next evolution of their supply chain operating model.
The EY Integrated Supply Chain Operating Model framework offers the following to help companies transform their operating models:
- Integrated operating model structure
- Integrated governance and performance management
- Geographic assessment
- Integrated supply chain network
- Integrated supply chain x-functional processes
- Integrated systems and data
- Integrated supply chain finance structure
Network and flow optimization aims to create an integrated supply chain with end-to-end optimization and accountability while supporting success in local markets. The solution provides tools and methodologies to strengthen the configuration of global manufacturing and logistics networks as well as analytic capability to improve trade flows.
Integrated Operational Excellence helps organizations develop end-to-end operational improvement through:
- Supply chain segmentation and synchronization – A methodology, supported by our proprietary VC Sync™ tool, that looks across the supply chain to define a fully integrated and segmented strategy.
- Initiative reliability and complexity reduction – Initiative reliability provides an integrated, cross-functional approach for increasing the speed and reducing the failure rate of innovation initiatives. Complexity reduction improves product portfolio/SKUs by linking commercial and supply chain views.
- Commercial excellence – A procurement transformation encompassing the operating model, analytics, alliances, risk management, procure-to-pay and automation.
- Run to Target manufacturing – A distinctive approach combining Reliability Engineering with Lean, TPM and Six Sigma.
- Route to Market optimization – More effective cost-to-serve analytics and advanced channel/service segmentation.
Direct to your inbox
Stay up to date with the latest consumer products and retail insights.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.