EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2022 Ontario winners are purpose-driven to build a better world
Seven Ontario businesses that are leading our economic vitality and finding new solutions to the world’s growing challenges have been recognized as EY Entrepreneur Of The Year® 2022 Ontario winners.
“This year’s winners have proven they’re unstoppable as they lead with purpose, working towards greater sustainability, inclusivity and helping to create better futures for us all,” says Stephanie Lamont, Entrepreneur Of The Year Ontario Program Co-Director. “We’re excited to see how they’ll build on this momentum to continue moving the region forward.”
The seven Ontario winners are:
- Martin Basiri, Meti Basiri and Massi Basiri of ApplyBoard, a company helping students fulfill their international education dreams.
- Donato Ardellini of Environmental 360 Solutions, a company reimagining how we handle waste for good.
- Kyle Braatz of Fullscript, a customizable online dispensary that’s simplifying wellness.
- Scott Hunter of Gateway, a company giving families the best in pet aftercare.
- Joanna Griffiths of Knix, a company that’s redefining intimate apparel.
- Hussein Fazal and Henry Shi of Snapcommerce, a commerce platform helping customers find the right products at the right prices.
- Connie Lo and Laura Burget of Three Ships, a company offering purpose-driven, plant-based skincare.
“These leaders are all focused on growth, but they’re doing it with a human-centred approach that’s creating long-term value for stakeholders,” says Chris Gordon, Entrepreneur Of The Year Ontario Program Co-Director. “They’re challenging the status quo to create better ways of doing things and rising to the top of their industries in the process.”
The Ontario winners will move forward to compete against peers from the Pacific, Prairies, Québec and Atlantic regions at the national awards celebration in November 2022, where 10 national winners will be named, including Canada’s EY Entrepreneur Of The Year 2022. The overall Canadian winner will then go on to compete with national winners from across the globe for the title of EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year in June 2023.
Follow @EYCanada, #EOYCanada and #EOYOntario on Twitter for the latest program updates. Visit ey.com/ca/eoy for more program details.
The 2022 Ontario independent judging panel comprises Reena Chaudhary, Managing Partner, Sia Partners; Teresa Lee, Managing Director, OMERS Growth Equity; Tony Lourakis, CEO, Fleet Complete; Somen Mondal, General Manager, Talent Intelligence, Ceridian; and Alan Quarry, Founder, BarnRaising Associates Consulting.
This year's national sponsor is TSX Inc. The Ontario regional sponsors are CWB Financial Group and Ontario Global 100.