Business has entered a new era and leaders need to move with the times. Outdated practices and age-old thinking must be let go. An ever-complex environment is calling for a more complex leadership approach. To flourish in the future, leaders need to embrace a more complex set of beliefs, attitudes, and values. Embracing the five paradoxical mindsets will be integral to future performance and success.
1. Survey carried out by Lane4 Management Group in December 2018 with over 150 C-suite leaders, from businesses with a turnover from £10 million to over £500 million.
2. “Are you reframing your future or is the future reframing you?”, EY, 19th June 2020.
3. T. Tzuo & G. Weisert, Subscribed: Why the Subscription Model Will be Your Company’s Future-and what to Do about it (Penguin, 2018).
4. “The Future of Leadership: Developing a new perspective”, Lane4 white paper, 2019.
5. R. Dilts, From coach to awakener (Meta Publications, 2003).
6. C. S. Dweck, Mindset: The new psychology of success (Random House Digital Inc., 2008).
7. G. Morse, “Retail Isn’t Broken. Stores Are.”, Harvard Business Review, 1 December 2011.
8. W.K. Smith, & M.W. Lewis, “Toward a theory of paradox: A dynamic equilibrium model of organizing”, Academy of Management Review, 2011.
9. C. Rodgers, Informal coalitions: Mastering the hidden dynamics of organizational change (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008).