EY R&D Workbench for Pharma
The EY R&D Workbench for Pharma is a unique tech solution for effective project planning management, workflow and issue and query tracking in the R&D environment. It leads to improved market speed and increased transparency and accountability throughout various organizations involved in formulation (across multiple dosage forms), API and biosimilar.
What EY can do for you
In the pharma sector, R&D processes are often siloed, leading to suboptimal outcomes. Roles and responsibilities are not clearly defined, leading to slow down in the growth of organization. EY R&D Workbench provides a holistic solution to transform the R&D ecosystem by providing opportunities like:
EY R&D Workbench has successfully resolved critical issues of the pharma sector, leading to efficient processes and tangible impact.
EY R&D Workbench is a one-stop cross-departmental collaborative platform to monitor and keep pace with the dynamically transforming R&D environment with enhanced transparency and accountability throughout the organization.
Project management capabilities
- Basic project management functionality
- Re-baselining with version history and change management
- Timesheet module for effective utilization
- Admin modules and user management
- Portfolio evaluation and management
- Product selection, technical evaluation, complexity assessment, commercial evaluation and PIF as a part of portfolio evaluation and product selection modules
- Predictive risk assessment
- Issue tracker
- Deficiency tracking mechanism
- Integration with other tools, such as SAP, LIMS, ELN, etc.
- Digitized and automated notification and escalations
- Customized dashboards and landing pages (role wise)
- Customized actionable dashboard for ongoing and upcoming task completion updates and status visibility
User report and dashboards
- Customized reports (Query search, summary and analytics, Budget, Project summary, Project pipeline, Time tracking, Project milestone, Efficiency, MIS)
- Detailed forms and complex workflows for SLA change, rebaseling, approvals and send back requests in portfolio evaluation and product selection modules
- Customized project templates for various dosage forms
R&D has been a key focus area for most Indian pharma companies. Though India is a leader in terms of ANDA approvals globally, there is a significant scope for improving the same to achieve faster launches. We have been working with leading pharma companies to transform their R&D organizations. As a part of the transformation program, we have delivered a reduction in end-to-end timelines (Initiation to Launch) of ~15 to 20%, improving FTR (First Time Right) to >85% across R&D processes. We look at R&D from an enterprise-wide perspective, including critical elements of people, process, and technology. The typical transformation journey kicks off by re-designing the organization structure to support the agreed to-be processes. Once the same is implemented, the processes are enabled with an EY proprietary tool called “R&D Workbench for Pharma.” It is a unique solution, led by experienced professionals with strong global experience of working in R&D technology enablement programs and change management. EY has empowered organizations with several such fit-for-purpose tech platforms and tools, boosting their end-to-end process capabilities.
Our latest thinking
Explore our case studies
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.