- Built on Enablon technology, the solution offers a centralized repository for tracking organizations’ environmental, social and governance (ESG) data and strategies
- Incorporates leading industry standards and frameworks against which to align and report ESG metrics
EY and Wolters Kluwer’s Enablon, a global leader in integrated risk, operational risk and environmental, health and safety (EHS) management software, today announce an ESG management and reporting solution built on the Enablon cloud software platform to help provide organizations with end-to-end management and reporting of ESG data.
Businesses are prioritizing ESG strategies in large part due to increased investor focus on nonfinancial factors. According to the EY Climate Change and Sustainability Services (CCaSS) Fifth Global Institutional Investor Survey (pdf), 72% of investors surveyed say they conduct a structured and formal review of businesses’ ESG disclosures. In today’s fractured landscape with various disclosure frameworks available, organizations are looking for resources to guide them through their ESG reporting journey.
The ESG management and reporting solution provides organizations with management and reporting capabilities in alignment with a variety of the most relevant standards and frameworks. Leveraging the Enablon platform and EY teams’ ESG knowledge, organizations can manage, track and report ESG data and strategies in one centralized tool.
Veli Ivanova, EY Americas Climate Change and Sustainability Services Leader and Enablon Alliance Sponsor, says:
“Increased investor and regulatory focus on ESG performance and various ESG disclosures demands action. EY clients, across all sectors, are recognizing the need for reliable systems to effectively manage and report this data. With Enablon’s innovative cloud platform, EY teams can provide a broad solution complete with the latest industry frameworks and standards to assist clients through the ESG reporting process, help manage sustainability risk and provide relevant insights to internal and external stakeholders.”
The solution covers three key areas:
- Enhanced disclosures content: The solution contains updated indicators aligned to the latest frameworks, such as Sustainability Accounting Standards Board (SASB), Task Force on Climate-Related Financial Disclosures (TCFD) and United Nations (UN) Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). It allows for defining and tracking client-specific corporate goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Climate risk: The solution is configured with a climate risk management module that uses industry-standard analysis methodologies to assess, manage and report risk in alignment with the TCFD.
- Integrated leading ESG practices: The solution is equipped with traditional ESG management tools like integrated materiality assessment capabilities, issues tracking and stakeholder engagement, as well as improved user experience and enhanced reporting. It also provides advanced ESG management from a continuous improvement perspective, allowing clients to identify themes, understand relationships and interdependencies, and track progress against goals.
Noelle Harvey, Senior Director Product Management, Enablon, says:
“Enablon helps create a responsible, productive and safe world. We are committed to providing advanced technologies to help organizations align to investor ESG reporting demands, efficiently and transparently. Through our work with EY teams, clients have the capability to better manage today’s ESG management and reporting requirements and are poised to adapt to quickly evolving ESG requirements and frameworks.”
For more information, visit ey.com/enablon.
Notes to Editors
EY exists to build a better working world, helping create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.
About Enablon, a Wolters Kluwer business
Enablon, a Wolters Kluwer business, is the world’s leading provider of integrated software solutions for risk and compliance; engineering and operations; environment, health, safety and quality (EHSQ) and sustainability. We help create a better world by making organizations responsible, productive and safe through innovative technology. Hundreds of industry-leading enterprises and millions of users worldwide rely on our solutions to minimize risks, increase worker safety, prevent incidents from happening, achieve regulatory compliance and reduce environmental impact. For more information, visit www.enablon.com, and follow us on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Wolters Kluwer (WKL) is a global leader in professional information, software solutions, and services for the healthcare; tax and accounting; governance, risk and compliance; and legal and regulatory sectors. We help our customers make critical decisions every day by providing expert solutions that combine deep domain knowledge with technology and services. Wolters Kluwer reported 2020 annual revenues of €4.6 billion. The group serves customers in over 180 countries, maintains operations in over 40 countries, and employs approximately 19,200 people worldwide. The company is headquartered in Alphen aan den Rijn, the Netherlands. For more information, visit www.wolterskluwer.com, follow us on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube.