EY ESG Leadership Dialogues
ESG is not just a business buzzword but is a gateway for new frontiers of change. EY ESG Leadership Dialogues is a series of six roundtables that focus on the opportunity of ESG and sustainability for businesses. ESG has become the foundation of future business strategies - the crux of these strategies revolves around green products, green processes, and green supply chains. Each one of them has become a source of value creation. If done right, ESG can better preserve long-term business value by holistically protecting people, profits, and the ecosystem.
Roundtable 6 : Accelerating the ESG revolution
In this concluding session, EY and industry leaders discuss ways companies can accelerate their ESG revolution by channeling their focus on Environment, Social and Governance.
Some of the key takeaways from the session were:
- From compliance to on-the-ground action, boards must drive the agenda of formulating measures moving forward
- Most successful CEOs and business leaders want to embed sustainability in their overall business plan
- For ESG components of business strategies to be successful, the implementation has to be community-centric
- To make supply chains more sustainable, companies are looking at ways to innovate and redesign
- There is a massive opportunity for ESG financing in India. In the past two years, ESG equity funds have grown almost 200%
Creating social value through health, safety and wellbeing
In our fifth roundtable, EY and industry leaders discussed ways to create social value by focusing on health, safety and wellbeing of the citizens. Here are some interesting insights from the session.
Roundtable 5: Creating Social Value through Health, Safety and Wellbeing
In our fifth roundtable, EY and industry leaders discuss ways to create social value by focusing on health, safety and wellbeing of the citizens.
Roundtable 4 : G in ESG - Unlocking value with Governance
In our fourth roundtable, EY and industry leaders discuss and explore the importance of Governance in ESG.
Roundtable 3 : Circular Economy – Driving Purpose and Creating Value
In our third roundtable, EY and industry leaders discuss and explore how companies can identify and build an action plan for circular economy.
Roundtable 2 : Decarbonization – Leading towards Net Zero
In our second roundtable, EY and industry leaders discuss and explore how companies can prioritize decarbonization in their business agenda.
Roundtable 1 : ESG as a value creator for India Inc.
Our first session in the EY ESG Leadership Dialogues series – “ESG as a value creator for India Inc.” features a panel of renowned business leaders from different sectors to explore how companies can identify and build the right value for their business with ESG as a tool.
- All stakeholders such as customers, investors, people, regulators are demanding sustainability.
- ESG needs to become the foundation of future business strategies.
- Companies, governments, and stakeholders need to have a vision to develop cleaner energies and champion sustainable solutions
- Technology is accelerating sustainability and also enabling traceability and transparency.
- A circular economy where reusing waste is a huge opportunity across industries.
- Reducing dependence on coal-based energy is the biggest challenge for India’s net-zero ambitions.
From all perspectives, including that of customer, suppliers, employers, regulators and the government, ESG is becoming very critical for the long-term sustainability of the business.
Our customer base, which is mostly corporates, has been looking at the environment space particularly around energy and the related cost as part of their global procurement equation.
Profit and purpose can go hand-in-hand as leaders must establish greater transparency with regard to their sustainability endeavors.
Today, diversity is an important aspect, especially when you are looking at the ‘Social’ part of ESG.
Technology is an enabler but what is more important is the mindset and the vision.
There are three pillars to our strategy which are green products, green processes, and green supply chain and ESG is the core of this strategy.