Claims and Disputes
From helping you mitigate dispute risks in contracts and deals, to presenting commercial and financial matters in legal proceedings, to managing claims to recover losses, EY teams provide robust knowledge from an independent perspective to safeguard value in your business.
How EY teams can help you
EY Claims & Disputes teams assist companies, governments, public entities, individuals and their legal counsel in the world’s most complex disputes.
EY professionals provide expert advice and opinions on accounting, financial and valuation matters in international arbitration, litigation and other alternative dispute resolution forums, including expert determination.
EY teams offer tailored engagement teams with the professionals required to meet your needs. EY teams provide insightful solutions, delivered using the skills and knowledge of a multidisciplinary team of 4,500 forensic practitioners and other sector specialists and professionals across more than 150 countries.
Connected, able to mobilize quickly, and with global scale and reputation, EY teams can provide the relevant knowledge, language and experience wherever you need us around the world.
EY teams provide support to help you mitigate dispute risks and safeguard value through all stages of a dispute. Support can be provided with:
- Early assessment of liability and quantum to inform clients’ commercial and legal strategies
- Impartial advice on the strengths of key arguments, based on the financial and commercial evidence
- Scenario analysis of varying options and assumptions for settlement negotiations
- The capture, organization and review of private and public documents, including assistance with the disclosure
- Leveraging analytics, machine learning and artificial intelligence to analyze structured and unstructured data
- Robust, independent and well-articulated opinions and oral testimony
- Preparation for hearings and the cross-examination of witnesses
- Enforcement of judgments or awards, including asset-tracing and recovery
In addition, EY teams have deep experience working on expert determination processes in the role of independent expert and as advisor, particularly in the resolution of transaction disputes relating to completion accounts and earn-outs. In this context and in addition to the above solutions, help can be provided as:
- A trusted advisor, by helping you to understand and define a suitable determination process, draft submissions and respond to expert questions.
- An expert determiner, by agreeing and running the determination process and issuing reasoned or silent determinations.
The EY purpose is building a better working world. EY Disputes teams deliver on this purpose by putting integrity at the heart of how we engage and build trust with our clients.
EY teams take pride in a solution-oriented approach, detailed forensic analysis and in the clarity and quality of our written output. EY professionals can address your most pressing challenges with clear, honest perspectives developed and delivered with pragmatism and commercial common sense. This expertise is recognized by publications such as Who’s Who Legal and Global Arbitration Review’s Expert Witness Firms’ Power Index, and in the feedback from clients.