Health care spending is on an unsustainable trajectory, thanks to demographic shifts and globalization. As a result, health systems are focused on sustainability and value as they strive to balance three fundamental imperatives: expanding access, improving quality and managing costs.
What EY can do for you
Around the world, the health sector is being reimagined in the face of aging populations, increased prevalence of chronic diseases, growth in emerging markets and shifting reimbursement models. Health care organizations must address these challenges while mastering the digital innovation that offers both opportunities and threats.
EY works with clients to reposition their business models, people strategies and operational structures to address cost pressures while leveraging the potential of analytics and technologies. In this way, we help health organizations stay competitive and deliver better patient outcomes both now and in the future.
Health systems and providers need to revolutionize the delivery of care. We help clients meet the challenge with performance optimization approaches that:
- Eliminate waste
- Optimize the allocation and use of key resources
- Remove unwarranted clinical variation
- Establish real demand that is then aligned to operational capacity
- Bring discipline and rigor through behavioral and accountability reform
- Deliver large-scale financial, performance and service improvement benefits
Our latest thinking
Our EY team
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.