Nomination benefits and FAQs
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year is a platform that shares inspiring business journeys with the world.
Why you should apply?
- The recognition, visibility and credibility that your business receives through this unique platform is truly unparalleled in its reach, growing beyond borders and standing the test of time.
- Extensive media visibility for our finalists and winners on leading media such as CNBC-TV18 and The Economic Times ensures that their exceptional entrepreneurial stories are celebrated by one and all.
- The platform allows finalists and winners to forge new relationships and reap benefits by joining the most exclusive network of the world’s finest entrepreneurs.
Frequently Asked Questions
- When does the nomination process begins and how can I receive the notification?
Our call for nominations usually begins in May. To ensure that you are notified, please send an e-mail to Sunaina Uppal with a request to be added to the distribution list.
- Who can submit a nomination for consideration?
Anyone who is associated with a successful entrepreneur can nominate the candidate. This includes their spouses, employees, bankers, attorneys, public relations managers and even entrepreneurs themselves. Self-nominations are encouraged. After all, no one knows the dimensions of an entrepreneur's success better than the entrepreneur.
- Do I have to be an EY client?
You do not need to be a client or have any relationship with EY to apply for the EOY Awards.
- Are application forms kept confidential?
Yes. The information mentioned in on the application forms will be used by EY (in connection with the administration of the award) and the panel of judges reviewing this program.
- Is there a cost associated with this program?
No cost is involved to file a nomination.
- How do I submit a nomination?
Nominations can be submitted online through the link provided on the EOY website. Please attach all the supporting documents along with your nomination form. If you have any queries or require additional information regarding the nomination, write to us here.
- Who are the judges?
The panel of judges include entrepreneurs and prominent leaders from academia, business and across the sectors.
- What are the judging parameters?
Finalists and winners will be selected basis the following:
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Financial performance
- Value creation
- Strategic direction
- Digital and innovation
- National and global impact and community
- Personal integrity/purpose-driven leadership
- How many winners will be selected?
The final decision on the number of categories and awards is decided by an independent panel of judges.
- What categories will be honored?
In the past, award categories have included Start Up, Financial Services, Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Manufacturing, Consumer Products & Retail, Energy, Real Estate & Infrastructure, Entrepreneurial CEO & Business Transformation, and Lifetime Achievement. Additional categories may be considered, if desired by the panel of judges.
- When is the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards gala?
The awards gala takes place during the month of February where finalists and winners are honored.
- What is the Entrepreneur Of The Year Hall of Fame?
The Entrepreneur Of The Year Hall of Fame was created to celebrate the accomplishments of the world's great entrepreneurs and inform the masses about the benefits these entrepreneurs provide to the world economy and our global communities. All Entrepreneur Of The Year India winners are inducted into the Entrepreneur Of The Year Hall of Fame.
- What is the World Entrepreneur Of The Year Award?
Every year in June, the winners from different countries gather in Monaco to be inducted into the World Entrepreneur Of The Year (WEOY) Hall of Fame and to vie for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year title. Entrepreneur Of The Year is the only global business recognition program held in more than 60 countries and more than 145 cities around the world.