Recognized as the truly global business awards, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards program celebrates some of the country’s most innovative business leaders.
To participate in the program, the nominee must be:
- An owner/manager primarily responsible for the recent performance of a company that is at least two years old.
- Founder of a public company, who is an active member of the company’s top management.
Nominations can be submitted by entrepreneurs themselves, or anyone associated, including spouses, employees, bankers, attorneys or public relations managers. All financial information submitted in the nomination form will be considered confidential.
The finalists and winners will be selected from all eligible nominations by a distinguished panel of independent judges. Participants will be judged basis the following:
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Independent thinking and the ability to sense opportunities and transform them into business achievements.
- Financial Performance: The strength of the organization’s financial track record and provisions for long-term sustainability.
- Strategic Direction: The talent to serve as a mentor and lead in every sphere of business, ensuring success for the entire team.
- Digital and Innovation: Embracing innovation amid continual disruption by seizing the wide spectrum of advantages that digital presents in this hypersensitive market.
- Global Impact: The foresight to create a business model that can adapt quickly to the challenges and opportunities arising from globalization.
- Personal Integrity/ Purpose-driven Leadership: Demonstrating the highest standards of ethics and creating a value system that earns respect globally.
- Community: Making a positive social and environmental impact.
An independent jury will determine the final award categories. In the past, awards have been presented in categories such as Start Up, Financial Services, Services, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Manufacturing, Consumer Products & Retail, Energy, Real Estate & Infrastructure, Entrepreneurial CEO and Business Transformation.
Each year, the EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Program honors entrepreneurs who are helping build a better India during an awards gala held in February. The evening witnesses some of India’s most prominent business leaders, government officials and policymakers come together to celebrate the entrepreneurial ingenuity. The winner from India then represents the nation at the World Entrepreneur Of The Year in Monaco in June.