EY Entrepreneur Of The Year Azerbaijan
EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is a unique global program that recognizes entrepreneurial achievement among individuals and companies that demonstrate vision, leadership and success — and work to improve the quality of life in their communities, countries and around the world.
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program was established more than 30 years ago and currently operates in more than 60 countries and 145 cities around the world. By participating in this program, entrepreneurs can connect with their peers, access relevant insights to help navigate their growth journey and raise the profile of their companies and teams. Each program culminates in the announcement of an overall winner who then competes for the prestigious EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award in Monte-Carlo.
Entrepreneur Of The Year™ was launched in Azerbaijan with the genuine intention to honor, support and connect local entrepreneurs. The program recognizes successful entrepreneurs making a positive impact on their society and the economy, and the legacies they’re building.
The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ program passionately believes in promoting entrepreneurship in Azerbaijan and empowering entrepreneurs to grow their business within the country and beyond its borders. The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ competition not only ensures national and international recognition for successful finalists, but also provides an invaluable network and business opportunities within a growing, 500 strong EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Alumni (past and present finalists) community.
Recognized as one of the most prestigious business award programs internationally, the Entrepreneur Of The Year Awards celebrate each country’s most innovative business leaders.
Participation in the awards process elevates your company’s brand awareness through exposure to fellow entrepreneurs, sponsors, judges and guests, many of whom may be seeking customers, alliances, joint ventures or other growth opportunities. The program opens you to prospective investors, employees and customers, and gives you an opportunity to highlight your achievements and publicly recognize the contribution of your team who made it possible.
Entrepreneur Of The Year finalists and winners receive great publicity in and beyond their communities, which contributes to valuable network-building. It is not just an award — it is a true community of leadership through events, access to media coverage and speaking engagements at various levels.
National contest winners get a chance to attend and represent their countries at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Forum in Monte-Carlo where EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ Award winners from around the globe compete to be named the ultimate EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year.
- The EY Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is open to businesses based in Azerbaijan
- Applicants must own at least a 20% interest in their companies
- Applicants must be primarily responsible for the recent performance of their companies
- Turnover in a range of AZN 300,000 to AZN 30 million for at least one fiscal year (applicable for a period of two preceding years)
- The applicant’s company must be in operation for at least two years
- Applicant’s taxes must be traceable for a period of two preceding years
- Applicants can produce financial reporting for a period of two preceding years
Who can participate?
You need to be a citizen of Azerbaijan and your company should be legally incorporated (registered) in Azerbaijan. You will have to meet all other eligibility criteria.
What if my company is an official representation or a branch of a foreign company in Azerbaijan?
No, only companies established and registered in Azerbaijan can participate in the program.
Does my company have to be on the market for a certain fixed duration to be eligible?
We expect your company to be active on the market for a minimum of two years by January 2022.
Is there a monetary prize?
No, we do not offer a monetary prize. However, the winner of the national competition will represent Azerbaijan at the EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year event in Monte Carlo, Monaco in June 2022 with all of the travel costs and participation fees covered by EY.
What are other benefits of participation?
This program is considered to be the most prestigious competition amongst entrepreneurs in the world. Successful finalists will receive national and international recognition within the business community, access to media, as well as promotion of their brand and business.
How do I apply for the program?
To take part in the program, you must send a signed copy of the application form to the following email: firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a Tax Reconciliation List and Financial Statements for the last 2 years. Afterwards, the original copy should be sent by post to the following address: Port Baku Towers, Business Centre, South Tower, 9th floor,153 Neftchilar avenue, Baku, AZ1010, Azerbaijan
Is there anyone I can approach if I have any questions or difficulties with application submission?
Should you have any questions or difficulties with the application form, you can contact us at +994124907020 (please ask for Narmin Guliyeva). We will be happy to provide all necessary answers to your queries.
The Entrepreneur Of The Year™ is judged by an independent panel made up of respected entrepreneurs, top managers of state corporations, executives representing international financial institutions and key influencers.
The judges look for business leaders who have:
- Strong leadership skills and an unflinching desire and determination to be successful
- Integrity and transparency in business dealings
- Understanding of the value of teamwork, but also the capacity to be independent thinkers
- Innovative vision and approaches to business models, business culture or processes
- Ability to impact national and, potentially, global markets
- Ability to create new jobs and improve living economics in the market
- Strong sense of personal purpose, ability to inspire positive social and environmental change, including making a strong philanthropic contribution to their community
- Ability to demonstrate operational excellence to optimize their organization’s structures and processes
- Ability to demonstrate entrepreneurial maturity by building strategic alliances and surrounding themselves with talented people in order to share knowledge and empower others