- Utilizes intelligent threat countermeasures supported by artificial intelligence and machine learning algorithms to detect and reduce mean time to respond
- Modernizes Cyber SecOps by mitigating digital risk and improving cyber resiliency
The EY organization today announced the EY Intelligent Extended Detection & Response (IXDR) solution, in collaboration with cybersecurity leader Secureworks (NASDAQ: SCWX). IXDR is a service providing 24x7 threat monitoring, detection and response on an open XDR platform that leverages threat intelligence research, artificial intelligence (AI), machine learning (ML) algorithms and modern data pipelines to help organizations drastically reduce the response time to cyber threats, working to potentially bring it down to minutes.
With an increasing risk of lost revenue, regulatory fines, compromised data and reputational damage from cybercrime, companies of all sizes are seeking broad cybersecurity strategies to safeguard their operations. As part of the Enterprise Intelligent Cyber Resilience transformation life cycle, IXDR supports organizations to help achieve detailed visibility and control over their network and security fabric, helping them stay ahead of sophisticated cyber attacks and potential threats.
Key features of the EY IXDR solution include:
- Modernized cyber security operations (SecOps): By aggregating telemetry from the entire multi-cloud ecosystem with curated threat intelligence, it produces a single-pane-of-glass visibility and control over the entire attack surface.
- Intelligent IXDR with AI/ML: The solution creates a closed-loop environment, disrupting threats while enriching threat investigations with additional context. AI-powered detection leverages leading-class ML algorithms and analytical techniques to continuously monitor the environment for malicious activity, enabling early detection of adversarial behavior.
- Efficient and effective SecOps: By correlating threat intelligence with telemetry, IXDR validates and prioritizes alerts, aiding highly skilled security analysts and minimizing time spent dealing with false positives. Automated playbooks and single-click actions help enable rapid response, mitigation and a framework of resilience across the value chain to respond to cyber events in real time.
- 24x7 threat monitoring: By offering customers direct access to a robust 24x7 Security Operations Center (SOC) supported by leading-class security analysts, organizations can focus their internal teams on more strategic security initiatives while the SOC monitors for threats. Together, customers and the SOC can use the cybersecurity platform to collaborate on investigations and response actions.
Chris Crevits, EY US Cybersecurity Managed Services Leader, says:
"Cyber threats are evolving quickly and are among the largest risks facing businesses today. The launch of EY IXDR represents a milestone in our commitment to offering broad and transformative cybersecurity solutions. Together with Secureworks, we help empower organizations to go beyond the traditional detect and instead offer extensive alert triage with efficient, rapid containment supported by our high-touch, consultant-led service model. This strategy can help clients transform their cybersecurity defense capabilities and safeguard their businesses against evolving cyber threats."
Chris Bell, Secureworks Vice President of Strategy, Corporate Development, and Strategic Alliances, says:
"Secureworks is proud to collaborate with the EY organization on this groundbreaking solution. Our SaaS security analytics platform Secureworks Taegis is purpose built to enable service providers to deliver SOC services effectively and efficiently, a key component in the delivery of the EY IXDR solution. The power of our Taegis platform with EY cybersecurity professionals will reduce the Mean Time To Respond (MTTR) and better enable organizations to detect and respond to advanced threats successfully with a low total cost of ownership."
The EY IXDR solution is available now and caters to business sectors across the globe.
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY refers to the global organization, and may refer to one or more, of the member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young Global Limited, a UK company limited by guarantee, does not provide services to clients. Information about how EY collects and uses personal data and a description of the rights individuals have under data protection legislation are available via ey.com/privacy. EY member firms do not practice law where prohibited by local laws. For more information about our organization, please visit ey.com.
This news release has been issued by EYGM Limited, a member of the global EY organization that also does not provide any services to clients.
Secureworks (NASDAQ: SCWX) is a global cybersecurity leader that secures human progress with Secureworks® Taegis™, a cloud-native security analytics platform built on 20+ years of real-world threat intelligence and research, improving customers’ ability to detect advanced threats, streamline and collaborate on investigations, and automate the right actions. Connect with Secureworks via Twitter, LinkedIn and Facebook and Read the Secureworks Blog.