EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ convenes visionary founders, CEOs and business leaders from around the world in the ultimate global competition for entrepreneurs. This annual event is dedicated to celebrating the accomplishments of intrepid leaders whose vision and innovation are creating long-term value and building a better working world.
Culminating in a series of exclusive events over three days in Monaco, 6-9 June 2023, our annual gathering of the world’s leading entrepreneurs, enabled them to connect with future-forward, ambitious founders and CEOs; attend workshops hosted by the most sought-after thought leaders; and experience the cultural richness only the South of France has to offer.
Attendees included the Class of 2023 competitors, a panel of esteemed and independent judges, luminary speakers, our ecosystem of EY Entrepreneur Of The YearTM alumni and EY executive leadership, including EY Global Chairman and CEO Carmine Di Sibio.
An event of global significance
Given today’s uncertain economic, social and environmental climate, programs like EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year are needed more than ever to support innovators who think differently and risk boldly to create new solutions. Entrepreneurs are answering the call to address global sustainability; ever-changing technology; diversity, equity and inclusion; and economic volatility.
The ultimate global competition for entrepreneurs
Entrepreneurs who won their respective EY Entrepreneur Of The Year competitions came together in Monaco to see who would be named the world winner. A diverse panel of independent judges — entrepreneurs themselves — assessed the achievements of each competitor in the Class of 2023 against four criteria: entrepreneurial spirit, purpose, growth and impact.
Class of 2023 at a glance
countries and territories represented
global winner announced 8 June
Meet the judges
A diverse panel of independent judges assesses the achievements of each entrepreneur against four criteria of long-term value.
What makes an EY World Entrepreneur Of The Year™ ?
- Identifies opportunities to innovate and create a better world
- Takes risks to realize their vision
- Demonstrates courage, perseverance, and resilience to overcome significant obstacles
- Commits themselves and their organization to an inspiring purpose and vision
- Drives strategies for a sustainable future business
- Creates and protects value in the long-term, across a broad group of stakeholders and ecosystems (e.g., consumers, employees, suppliers, government, communities, investors, and shareholders)
- Increases market share and expands into new markets
- Drives positive financial performance
- Invests in attracting, developing and retaining a diverse mix of talent
- Builds a culture of innovation that pioneers new approaches or technologies
- Positively impacts the customers they serve
- Integrates sustainable Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) practices in their strategy with robust commitments and execution plans
- Focuses on diversity and inclusion across multiple dimensions