EY teams and Shopify aim to help enterprises activate and scale e-commerce businesses to increase the potential of online commerce and support the sale of regulated products.
Customers are looking to purchase a wider variety of products online. Meanwhile, merchants are struggling to service customers in the ways they expect. That’s particularly poignant for the regulated products category. In addition to delivering a solid customer experience, regulated product merchants must also address specific cybersecurity and regulatory compliance considerations when selling online.
EY teams and Shopify provide robust cybersecurity and regulatory compliance insight, data analytics and support services as part of an integrated e-commerce platform. This leading-class digital experience:
- Supports enterprise merchants to sell regulated and controlled products over the Shopify platform
- Helps enterprise merchants increase revenue potential, improve cost efficiencies, reduce tax risk and help deliver customized experiences
- Bridges deep insight drawn from thousands of EY consultants around the world with leading technology, Software as a Solution (SaaS) platforms to provide a broad ecommerce approach
- Connects multi-disciplinary knowledge through powerfully united professional services teams
- Offers insight honed while helping deliver successful, integrated commerce transformation programs across a multitude of industries and sectors
- Provides enterprise clients access to global Shopify-EY experience centers to co-create transformational commerce experiences
Specifically, the EY–Shopify Alliance helps drive value by:
- Offering systems integration services with Shopify Plus, which include front-end development, back-end integration, e-commerce strategy and transformation management, that will give end customers an omnichannel shopping experience
- Supporting Shopify’s merchants on compliant entry into new regulated categories and ongoing compliance through the implementation of EY Virtual, an existing EY technology for compliance monitoring
- Assisting enterprise clients in establishing an e-commerce presence with rapid scale and value realization
- Allowing clients to have brand legitimacy in working with two trusted global brands, allowing for global platform integration and ease in implementation
- Providing clients with platform simplicity and flexibility in system integration that translates to a lower cost of ownership
There is a transformation happening in commerce. Driven by new customer expectations and evolving commerce models, enterprise merchants need to develop and adapt solutions that fit the future of commerce demands within their market. The EY–Shopify Alliance synergizes capabilities through one powerfully integrated solution to support retailers on the road ahead.
The EY-Shopify Alliance aims to help:
- Synergize Shopify’s speed to value and rapidly deployable, customizable platform with the integration capabilities of EY teams across all relevant back-end systems:
- Enterprise resource planning
- Customer relationship management (CRM)
- Inventory management
- Fulfilment and financial reporting
- Back-end implementation
- Indirect taxes
- Front-end customer experience
- Improve speed-to-market at scale, while increasing revenue potential, improving cost efficiencies and helping in deliver seamlessly customized customer experiences.
- Access more than 10,000 consultants around the world who can help de-risk implementations and speed up accelerated value.
- Leverage the global network of EY wavespace™ innovation hubs, to bring the power of Shopify, EY teams and our collective clients together to create unique and improved online customer experiences and services, reimagine the future of e-commerce, and unlock new markets for regulated products.
Why EY teams
This unique alliance bridges EY system integration services and regulated product offering for compliance and fraud analytics with Shopify’s leading-edge platform to help deliver results.
Our latest thinking
Like what you’ve seen? Get in touch to learn more.