You deserve to be rewarded for your contribution to Ernst & Young LLP US’ (EY’s) success. When you thrive, we thrive. That’s why we offer a Total Rewards package that supports and invests in you. It’s one reason we’re the only Big Four organization to be on FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” list for 21 straight years, among other awards.
Join the conversation
Compensation and time off
- We offer a base salary that is externally competitive, internally equitable and tied to performance. In addition, we offer variable pay, including annual bonuses, just-in-time recognition awards, and client serving promotion bonuses.
- You work hard day-to-day and need time off to recharge. Each year, you accrue vacation based on rank and tenure, resulting in three to six weeks of vacation. Additionally, you receive 12 paid holidays — including 4-day weekends for Memorial Day, Labor Day and Thanksgiving, and weeklong office closures the week of July 4th and last week of December through January 1. Separately, you have up to 10 days (up to 80 hours) of paid time off that can be dedicated to personal care or when you need to care for family members.
Note: Vacation time may be pro-rated based on your start date.
Better You. Well-being. Reimagined
Better You is our commitment to helping you achieve the vitality needed to perform at your best, both inside and outside the workplace. It is our holistic approach to well-being, providing you with carefully curated benefits, programs and tools for your physical, emotional/daily life, financial and social well-being.
To learn more about all of the benefits and well-being programs we offer, visit our Better You site.
Physical support to help you stay at your peak
- We provide a choice of high-quality health care coverage, whether you prefer Open Access Plan options or a high-deductible health plan with a Health Savings Account option.
- Through EY Quality of Life, we reimburse most US professionals for 75% of the cost of gym memberships, exercise equipment and more, up to $500 a year.
- For a second opinion on medical matters, 2nd.MD gives employees and their eligible dependents and parents and parents-in-law, no-cost access to top physicians from top-rated medical institutions across the US.
- Family-friendly benefits, such as Pathways to Parenthood, gives aspiring moms and dads help covering the cost of assisted reproductive technology procedures (e.g., in vitro fertilization), adoption and surrogacy. And after a year of service, primary caregivers get 16 weeks of paid parental leave.
- Pathways to Transition offers employees coverage of $25,000 for gender transition-related expenses not covered by a medical plan.
Emotional support for life's events and to build resiliency
- EY Assist provides a variety of support and services, including no cost confidential counseling for mental health, addictions, stress, relationship, parent and other personal matters as well as legal support, child/adult/pet care and other daily life services.
- We Care provides a framework to understand the signs of when someone may be struggling with a mental health and addiction or other personal matter, and how to help.
- Sleepio is our digital sleep improvement program that is scientifically proven to work. Sleepio will provide your Sleep Score, sleep tips and weekly guidance to improve your sleep and overcome sleep issues, such as insomnia.
- Flexible working empowers teams to mutually determine new ways of working that meet client needs, while providing time for what matters to you so you can fully engage in work and life outside of work.
Financial support to help you plan for the future
- Our 401(k) plans have multiple investment options and matching contributions, with gradual vesting on the EY matches beginning with two years of service and 100% vesting after five years.*
- Our pension plan helps you plan for your retirement and includes early retirement options, lump-sum or annuity payout options and pre-retirement survivor benefit for your spouse or registered domestic partner.
- EY Navigate™ offers a no cost financial planning service that helps you build a personalized path toward managing financial wellness.
- EY Student Loan offers solutions for repaying student loan debt.
- EY TaxChat™, our on-demand mobile tax preparation service, connects eligible employees with EY tax professionals who prepare and file their return in a secure, online environment.
*For individuals hired on or after January 1, 2017. Participants hired before January 1, 2017, will be 100% vested in the EY matching contributions, and all employees are fully vested at all times in their contributions.
Social impact programs to help you connect to communities and each other
- EY professional networks celebrate our culture of belonging by helping our people expand their personal networks, enhance professional skills and engage with leadership.
- EY provides skills-based volunteering opportunities so you can use your professional skills and business knowledge to make the most impact in our communities…and your career development.
- EY people can share their generosity through charitable contributions, such as support for education through EY Foundation matching grants, College MAP scholarships and donations to the United Way.